After 19 years, Sonia visits Xi’anNovember 14th, 2007 - 3:00 am ICT by admin
Accompanied with her son and Congress MP from Amethi, Rahul Gandhi, this time, Sonia visited the famous Terracotta Warriors museum, which is considered among the eight wonders of the world.
She also visited the Grand Mosque of Xi’an.
She termed her talks with top Chinese leadership as ‘fruitful’.
“I had the opportunity and privilege to meet with the Chinese leadership and had very fruitful talks, exchanging views on a number of important topics of interest to the two countries,” she said. (ANI)
- Chinese terracotta soldiers on an overseas visit - Aug 18, 2010
- Adopted Chinese Americans begin root-seeking journey - Jul 28, 2011
- China to begin fresh excavation of terracotta army site - Jun 09, 2009
- Khar to meet PM - Jul 27, 2011
- Archaeologists all set to begin third excavation of terra-cotta warriors in China - Jun 12, 2009
- Rahul ready for bigger role, to be No 2 in party (Night Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Chinese archaeologists unearth more terracotta warriors - May 19, 2010
- Bangladesh seeks close ties with China - Jun 20, 2011
- Chinese student cycles 15 days to attend her college - Aug 30, 2010
- Amethi follows tradition: Washerman casts first vote - Feb 15, 2012
- US tech firm to set up branch in Chinese city - Dec 23, 2011
- 100 more terracotta warriors found in China - Jul 17, 2009
- Analysis of Chinese terracotta stallions points to horse castration 2000 years ago - Mar 03, 2010
- Priyanka returns to campaign in Amethi - Jan 16, 2012
- Priyanka open to campaigning, 'anything to help' Rahul - Jan 17, 2012
Tags: 19 years, accompanied, chinese leadership, congress, eight wonders of the world, former prime minister, fruitful talks, grand mosque, last time, mp, privilege, rahul gandhi, rajiv gandhi, sonia, terracotta warriors, wonders of the world