Afghan troops kill six Taliban militantsJune 1st, 2009 - 7:08 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, June 1 (Xinhua) Six Taliban militants have been killed in fighting with the security forces in Afghanistan’s northwestern Badghis province, officials said Monday.
“In chasing Taliban insurgents, the troops of Afghan national army engaged them (militants) in Balamurghab district Sunday, killing six rebels and injuring eight others,” military officer Jalandar Behnam said Monday.
There was no casualty on the side of the government troops. A rocket fired by the militants hit a house, killing a man and a woman, he added.
Taliban fighters have vowed to intensify their attacks on government forces in Afghanistan this year.
- Seven militants killed in Afghanstan - Mar 18, 2012
- Afghan terror attack ends: 48 dead, 65 injured (Second Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- Five civilians, 27 Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Apr 06, 2010
- Blasts rock Kabul as security forces fight Taliban (Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- Taliban's 'spring offensive' continues in Afghanistan - Apr 16, 2012
- Taliban commander among five killed in Afghanistan - Aug 16, 2010
- Kabul terror attack: Fight over, all attackers killed (Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- 18 militants, six soldiers killed in Afghanistan clash - May 30, 2009
- 15 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan - Aug 30, 2010
- Taliban stronghold in Afghan province cleared - Jan 27, 2011
- 48 killed in Kabul terror siege (Third Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- 61 militants killed in Afghanistan - Jul 04, 2012
- Kabul fighting over - Apr 16, 2012
- 18 militants killed in Afghanistan - Sep 18, 2011
- 100 Taliban militants give up fighting - Jul 18, 2012
Tags: afghanistan, badghis province, casualty, government forces, government troops, insurgents, kabul, man and a woman, military officer, national army, rebels, security forces, taliban, taliban fighters, xinhua