Afghan troops kill 13 militantsMay 20th, 2009 - 10:16 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, May 20 (Xinhua) Thirteen Taliban militants have been killed in a gunfight with the security forces near the Afghan capital, an official said Wednesday.
The incident took place Tuesday evening after Taliban militants attacked Afghan soldiers in the Salar area, 70 km west of Kabul. In the ensuing gunfight, 13 rebels, including two of their commanders, were killed, provincial administration spokesman Shahidullah Shahid said.
He said there was no casualty on the Afghan troops’ side.
The Taliban militants have vowed to intensify their attacks on the Afghan and international troops in the war-torn county.
- 15 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan - Aug 30, 2010
- Four children killed in Afghanistan blast - Nov 01, 2011
- 100 militants killed in Afghan operation - Jul 23, 2011
- 10 policemen killed in Afghan bombing - Apr 28, 2012
- Afghan forces kill 14 militants - Jul 04, 2010
- Afghan, NATO forces kill 80 Taliban fighters (Lead) - Jul 04, 2010
- 38 soldiers die in Afghan chopper crash (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- Two policemen among 12 killed in Afghan clash - Jan 19, 2012
- 13 US soldiers die in Kabul bombing - Oct 29, 2011
- Afghan provincial governor succumbs to suicide blast injuries - May 29, 2011
- Twelve killed in Afghan suicide bombing - Sep 02, 2012
- Eight Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Jan 26, 2011
- Seven militants killed in Afghanstan - Mar 18, 2012
- Taliban leader, five others killed in Afghanistan (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- Taliban commander among five killed in Afghanistan - Aug 16, 2010