Aditya knocked out of Formula BMW race after crashMarch 23rd, 2008 - 1:53 pm ICT by admin
By Anand Philar
Kuala Lumpur, March 23 (IANS) India’s Aditya Patel met with an accident Sunday and retired after four laps in the second round of the Formula BMW Pacific Championship at the Sepang circuit here. After two rounds, Aditya, who finished third in the feature race a day earlier, is placed third overall in the championship and second in the Rookie Class.
Starting sixth on the grid, Aditya, representing Team Eurasia Motorsport, was nudged from behind while taking a turn. The resultant spin put him at the back of the pack.
As he circulated through the next few laps, Aditya developed a gear selection problem that prevented him from downshifting. He was subsequently called into pits and retired in a bid to avoid more damage to the car.
“I thought I was on pace after yesterday’s podium finish and was looking forward to delivering a good result today. But after the contact from behind, I was left with too much to make up and then the gear selection problem forced me into retirement,” said Aditya.
Simon Moss (Mahara) finished first followed by Ross Jamison (Meritus) and Sean McDonagh (E-Rain).
- Keen battle likely in JK Racing Asia series - Sep 22, 2011
- Ikhwan scores a double in 3rd round of JK Racing Asia Series - Jul 23, 2011
- Two podium finishes for Khushlani in Formula BMW Pacific - Jun 01, 2009
- Motorsports: Podium for Ghorpade - Jun 16, 2012
- JK Asia Series to run in Europe (Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Ikhwan achieves double in JK Racing Asia Series - Sep 25, 2011
- JK Racing Asia Series to have two rounds in Europe - May 24, 2012
- Double for Ikhwan in JK Racing Asia Series - Jul 24, 2011
- Aditya finishes sixth in Macau - Nov 16, 2008
- Euro drivers sweep top spots in JK Asia Series - May 27, 2012
- Eurointernational post 1-2 finish in JK Asia Series - May 26, 2012
- Khushlani finishes impressive sixth in JK Racing Asia Series - Oct 29, 2011
- Nabil dominates JK races - Jul 02, 2012
- JK Racing Asia series set for Euro debut - Jun 29, 2012
- Di Resta fetches a point for Force India - Apr 10, 2011
Tags: anand, bmw, feature race, formula bmw, four laps, gear selection, jamison, kuala lumpur, mahara, meritus, pits, podium, retirement, rookie class, ross, sean mcdonagh, selection problem, sepang circuit, simon moss, taking a turn