Adelaide Indian-origin woman who set husband’s penis on fire to be tried for murderMarch 13th, 2010 - 3:20 pm ICT by ANI
Adelaide, Mar. 13 (ANI): An Indian-origin woman, who allegedly set fire to her husband’s penis, will stand trial for the man’s murder.
Rajini Narayan, 44, has been committed to stand trial in the South Australian Supreme Court after pleading not guilty to murder, arson and three counts of endangering life in an Adelaide court, the Herald Sun reports.
The mother of three allegedly set fire to her husband’s genitals in December 2008.
After suffering major burns, her husband Satish Narayan died in hospital several weeks later.
The fire also gutted the family’s Adelaide home, leaving a damage bill of about 1 million dollars, the paper said.
According to a previous court hearing, Rajni had reportedly told neighbours: “I’m a jealous wife, his penis should belong to me. I just wanted to burn his penis so it belongs to me and no one else. I didn’t mean this to happen.”
In the Adelaide Magistrates Court on Friday, defence counsel Lindy Powell QC said it was conceded Narayan had a case to answer. (ANI)
- Indian-origin wife 'wanted to purify cheating hubby's penis by burning it' - Oct 11, 2010
- Woman denies setting fire to husband's genitals - Apr 12, 2010
- Oz Indian origin wife denies murdering hubby after setting fire to his genitals - Apr 12, 2010
- 'Penis-burning' Indian Australian wife on murder charge - Jan 22, 2010
- Woman tells court she set fire to his genitals - Sep 27, 2010
- Indian woman sets hubby's penis on fire to stop him from cheating - Sep 28, 2010
- Indian-origin woman cleared of murdering husband - Oct 13, 2010
- Indian Australian woman killed her husband by setting his penis on fire - Aug 28, 2009
- Indian-origin wife found guilty of manslaughter after burning hubby's penis - Oct 13, 2010
- Indian woman admitted torching hubbys genitals out of jealousy, Oz court told - Jan 05, 2009
- Indian-origin woman sets fire to husband to 'purify penis' - Oct 07, 2010
- Women who set husband afire charged with murder - Jan 07, 2009
- Rajni Narayan confesses in court that she poured petrol over her husband - Sep 27, 2010
- Indian woman who burnt hubbys genitals granted home bail by Oz court - Jan 09, 2009
- Wife sets cheating hubby on fire - Sep 22, 2011
Tags: 1 million dollars, arson, court hearing, defence counsel, genitals, herald sun, indian origin, jealous wife, lindy, magistrates court, major burns, narayan, neighbours, penis, qc, rajni, south australian supreme court