ADB offers support for quake-hit Japan victimsMarch 14th, 2011 - 1:49 pm ICT by ANI
Manila (Philippines), Mar. 14 (ANI): Asian Development Bank (ADB) President Haruhiko Kuroda has expressed his condolences and offered support to the people and Government of Japan, following a powerful earthquake-cum-tsunami in the northeastern coast of the at country.
“On behalf of ADB, its staff and Management, we join others in expressing our deepest condolences to the people and Government of Japan, and in particular those most directly affected,” said Kuroda.
He added: “This is a devastating tragedy that has affected countless lives and livelihoods and the Asian Development Bank stands ready to provide its support to the people and Government of Japan in its recovery efforts.”
As the extent of the loss of life and damage is still being assessed, ADB will also monitor the impacts of the earthquake and tsunamis in Japan and on other countries in the Asia and Pacific region and will be ready to offer its assistance.
As a founding member of ADB, Japan has been a steadfast supporter of its mission to alleviate poverty in the Asia and Pacific region, including its work in disaster management and preparedness. With ADB’s extensive experience in disaster response management in the Asia and Pacific region, ADB will stand by to mobilize its expertise in the recovery and reconstruction efforts. (ANI)
- ADB aid to developing countries tops $21.7 bn in 2011 - Apr 26, 2012
- ADB urges Asian countries to undertake more reforms - May 04, 2012
- India, ADB mark 25 years of partnership - Oct 11, 2011
- Asia represents world's best hope for achieving MDGs: ADB president tells UN - Sep 23, 2010
- ADB assistance increased by 42 percent in 2009: Report - Apr 22, 2010
- ASEAN offers help to quake-hit Japan - Mar 12, 2011
- Asian economies more resilient during global crisis than expected: ADB - Aug 19, 2010
- ADB President calls on Mukherjee, both agree for strengthening cooperation - Feb 03, 2011
- Asia urged to plan stimulus exit to sustain growth - Jan 14, 2010
- ADB, FAO, AND IFAD PARTNER to address food security concerns in Asia, Pacific region - Sep 24, 2010
- ADB 2009 performance on track: Report - Apr 22, 2010
- At least 91 dead, scores missing after quake, tsunamis devastate Japan - Mar 11, 2011
- Disaster management operations on: Japan PM - Mar 11, 2011
- Quake-tsunami may cost Japan $235 bn, says World Bank - Mar 21, 2011
- Massive tsunami claims over 100 lives in Japan - Mar 11, 2011
Tags: adb, asian development bank, countless lives, deepest condolences, disaster management and preparedness, disaster response, extent, founding member, haruhiko kuroda, livelihoods, manila philippines, northeastern coast, poverty, powerful earthquake, quake, reconstruction efforts, recovery efforts, response management, tragedy, tsunamis in japan