Acts of terrorism barbaric: MaradonaDecember 6th, 2008 - 6:27 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Dec 6 (IANS) Soccer legend Diego Maradona Saturday described terrorism as barbaric and said common people shy away from protesting as they fear for their life.”Some groups are taking lives of others. I think such acts are barbaric,” Maradona told mediapersons here when asked about his message against terrorism.
“I think common people cannot protest against act of terrorism as it is life-threatening,” said the 48-year-old soccer great, who is on his first visit to India.
“They (terrorists) shouldn’t do it,” Maradona said.
The Argentine soccer coach’s comments came 10 days after the devastating terrorist strike on India’s commercial capital Mumbai left 172 people killed and the entire world shell-shocked.
- Maradona's son to play in Argentine fourth division - Aug 17, 2012
- Maradona leaves Dubai hospital after surgery - Jan 17, 2012
- Maradona brands Riquelme traitor - Jul 19, 2012
- My disaster team now favourites: Maradona - Jun 26, 2010
- Maradona's mother is dead - Nov 21, 2011
- Maradona to coach Dubai club - May 17, 2011
- Brazil fans turning Argentines courtesy Messi-magic - Sep 02, 2011
- Maradona's China visit fuels coaching rumors - Nov 10, 2010
- Maradona calls FIFA 'dinosaur' - Jun 05, 2011
- Argentinian stars have a long affair with Kolkata - Sep 01, 2011
- Maradona in Italy tax row - Feb 16, 2012
- A little Argentina in Kolkata - Aug 30, 2011
- Lionel Messi, Argentine side to play in Kolkata - Feb 07, 2011
- Maradona 'a love cheat, flop in bed', claims 'mistress' - Mar 09, 2010
- World Cup 2010: Schweinsteiger accuses Argentina of being 'disrespectful' - Jul 01, 2010