Actor John Travolta flies back to Florida with son’s ashesJanuary 7th, 2009 - 5:26 pm ICT by IANS
New York, Jan 7 (DPA) Hollywood actor John Travolta and his wife Kelly Preston were preparing for a Scientology funeral for their 16-year-old son Jett, who died Friday after suffering a seizure while on a holiday in the Bahamas.The couple flew on their private jet to their Florida home, with the ashes of their teenage son. An autopsy conducted earlier in the day found that Jett had died by “seizure disorder.”
They landed late Monday night at their luxurious home in an exclusive aviation community that features a private runway large enough for commercial jetliners and private taxiways to each home.
As foul play was ruled out, the body was released immediately to the Travolta family for cremation.
The Travoltas said that Jett suffered from a rare disease called Kawasaki Syndrome, but several reports also say that he was autistic.
According to CNN, the funeral is planned for Thursday. Celebrities such as Tom Cruise and Oprah Winfrey are expected to attend.
- Scientology helped overcome son's death: Preston - Aug 18, 2011
- John Travolta drops extortion charges - Sep 07, 2010
- Scientology helped Travolta cope with son's death - Mar 30, 2010
- Travolta to hold private Scientology memorial service for late son - Jan 08, 2009
- John Travolta and his wife Kelly Preston are expecting a baby - May 20, 2010
- Kelly Preston And John Travolta Expecting New Member In The Family - May 19, 2010
- Coroners perform autopsy on John Travolta's son - Jan 06, 2009
- Kelly Preston And John Travolta Welcome Baby Boy - Nov 25, 2010
- John Travolta and wife Kelly to name baby boy 'Benjamin' - Nov 08, 2010
- John Travolta's wife expecting again - May 19, 2010
- I am the real victim, says alleged Travolta extortionist - Sep 16, 2010
- John Travolta's 16-year-old son dies - Jan 03, 2009
- John Travolta And Kelly Preston To Welcome Their Baby Boy In November - Aug 27, 2010
- Travolta's wife expecting a son - Aug 26, 2010
- Scientology helped me deal with son's death: John Travolta - Jan 29, 2010