Abu Dhabi’s Ferrari theme park has fastest rollercoaster in the worldOctober 28th, 2010 - 4:52 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 28 (ANI): Abu Dhabi’s new indoor Ferrari World theme park has the fastest rollercoaster in the world.
The heart-stopping ride, which reaches speeds of 149mph in 4.9 seconds, makes the occupant feel as if they are inside a Formula One car.
The red roof of the indoor complex is modelled on the side profile of a Ferrari GT and is adorned with the largest prancing horse logo ever created.
There is also a more sedate Scalextric-style track, with replica Ferraris for visitors to drive around.
The park is expected to become a mecca for Grand Prix racing fans, particularly as the Formula One race is due to take place there next month.
“The Ferrari park is a major leap forward in our leisure proposition as it has enormous appeal regionally and internationally,” the Daily Mail quoted Mubarak al Muhairi, director general of tourism, as saying.
United Arab Emirates have ploughed billions into the 861,000 square foot park on Yas Island and expect 10,000 visitors a day.
“It will be a lot of sensations for every age group. We have managed to turn one of the world’s most exclusive brands into an extraordinary experience for families and fans,” theme park general manager Claus Frimand added. (ANI)
- World's fastest roller coaster flies away at 149 mph at Ferrari World - Oct 27, 2010
- World's Faster Rollercoaster 149mph At Abu Dhabi's Ferrari World - Oct 28, 2010
- FIA GT1 World Championship: Budh International to host 2012 season final - Feb 13, 2012
- India major market for motor sports: GT1 boss - Mar 02, 2012
- UAE sets up tourist information centre at F 1 venue - Nov 10, 2010
- Ferrari unveils diamond-encrusted biography, costliest ever - Dec 01, 2011
- Bruno Senna awarded Lorenzo Bandini Trophy - Jul 17, 2012
- Bolisetti to drive in British GT series - Jan 22, 2012
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, both Force Indias in top-10 - Nov 13, 2011
- 'Moscow Raceway is suitable for Formula 1' - Jul 04, 2012
- A race in Moscow would benefit F1: Fisichella - Jun 06, 2012
- Karun Chandhok moves to touring cars - Jan 12, 2012
- Buddh Circuit to host Superbike World Championship in 2013 - Jun 09, 2012
- India welcomes Formula One circus - Oct 28, 2011
- Harry Potter theme park rides cannot accommodate fat visitors - Sep 17, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,