Abu Dhabi to distribute free iftar meals to motoristsAugust 11th, 2010 - 10:23 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Aug 11 (IANS/WAM) Motorists in Abu Dhabi will get free iftar meals to break their fast during the holy month of Ramadan, it was announced Wednesday.
UAE Deputy Prime Minister Lt. General Sheikh Saif bin Zayed Al Nahyan Wednesday instructed the authorities to deliver 35,000 meals to motorists travelling in the emirate.
Major General Mohammed Awad Al Menhali, acting Director General of Operations, Abu Dhabi Police, said free distribution of meals is being carried out for the third consecutive year in coordination with the Abdul Jalil Al Fahim and Family Endowment and Al Foah Company.
He said traffic patrols will distribute the meals to motorists who could not reach their destination at the time of iftar.
- UAE charity distributes Iftar meals in Gaza - Aug 17, 2010
- 150,000 people have iftar at UAE mosque - Aug 05, 2012
- Mass wedding is national tradition, says UAE minister - Jun 28, 2012
- UAE distributes food for Iftar in Senegal, Nigeria - Jul 20, 2012
- UAE withdraws citizenship from six people - Dec 22, 2011
- Art expo opens in Abu Dhabi - Nov 06, 2010
- 50,000 Palestinians attend UAE's iftar programme - Aug 20, 2012
- UAE, France discuss defence cooperation - Jul 12, 2012
- Top US official visits UAE - May 21, 2012
- Abu Dhabi to host earth summit - Dec 08, 2011
- UAE foreign minister visits Iraq - Feb 17, 2012
- Abu Dhabi hosts global space and satellite forum - May 09, 2011
- Dutch queen tours Abu Dhabi mosque - Jan 09, 2012
- UAE launches anti-narcotics drive - Dec 03, 2011
- Air expo opens in Abu Dhabi - Mar 07, 2012
Tags: al fahim, coordination, deputy prime minister, dg, director general, endowment, free distribution, holy month of ramadan, lt general, mohammed awad, month of ramadan, motorists, ramadan, saif, sheikh, snb, third consecutive year, uae, wam, zayed al nahyan