Abducted students released, mass grave found in IraqApril 20th, 2008 - 8:41 pm ICT by admin
Baghdad, April 20 (DPA) Gunmen in Iraq Sunday released the university students they abducted in the northern province of Diyala while authorities discovered 100 bodies buried in a mass grave in the same province, police said. At least 40 university students were released by gunmen, who earlier stopped their four buses at a fake checkpoint in Baldruz near Baquba, police told DPA.
The four drivers were still in captivity.
Earlier, the Voices of Iraq news agency reported that nine students from Baquba university and their driver were abducted by gunmen near Baquba, 57 km north-east of Baghdad.
Also in Diyala, 100 bodies have been discovered in a mass grave in Anbaki, police said.
Baquba is a hotbed of Sunni insurgents and al-Qaeda militants.
- Nine killed, 21 injured in Iraq - Aug 08, 2011
- Five killed in Iraq violence - May 24, 2012
- 6 killed, 10 wounded in Iraq attacks - Apr 16, 2012
- Three killed, nine injured in Iraq - Apr 30, 2012
- Five Iraqi soldiers killed in separate attacks - Sep 05, 2012
- Six killed in Iraq attacks - Jan 23, 2012
- 17 killed in two Iraq attacks - Dec 01, 2011
- 18 killed, 86 injured in attacks across Iraq - Jun 18, 2010
- 6 killed in Iraq violence - Aug 25, 2012
- 33 killed in Iraq bombings days before elections - Mar 04, 2010
- Mass grave of 40 found in Iraq - Sep 10, 2011
- 29 killed in Iraq bombings (Lead) - Mar 03, 2010
- Iraq official survives bomb attack - Apr 22, 2012
- Two policemen killed in Iraq bombings - Mar 09, 2012
- Two US soldiers among five killed in Iraq explosion - Jun 11, 2010
Tags: abducted, al qaeda, authorities, baghdad, buses, captivity, checkpoint, diyala, dpa, gunmen, hotbed, iraq news, mass grave, news agency, northern province, reported that nine, sunni insurgents, university students, voices of iraq