A single mouthful of curry can prove hazardous for your health!November 23rd, 2008 - 1:10 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 23 (ANI): A Brit man lost his life after eating a mouthful of curry as he sat down to watch The X Factor.
The dish triggered an allergic reaction, which proved lethal for the man.
Angus Myers, from Carville, County Durham suffered a suspected allergic reaction to a chicken tikka masala.
He said: “That’’s got nuts in”, before collapsing in front of his wife and his 11-year-old son.
His wife, Marie tried to revive him and was rushed to the hospital, but he could not be saved, reports the Scotsman.
She said that her husband suffered from nut allergy, but his most severe reaction previously had been to feel sick for a couple of hours.
Maria said her husband had asked staff at the Indian takeaway restaurant whether the curry contained nuts and was told that it did not. (ANI)
- Teenage Brit girl with nut allergy dies after eating curry - Sep 02, 2010
- Cruise enjoys chicken tikka - Aug 23, 2012
- Forget Indian curry meals, Pizza is now Britain's favourite dish - Aug 09, 2010
- Breast fed kids to develop nut allergies - Jul 13, 2012
- British Bangladeshi eatery gets huge order from Sudan - Dec 28, 2011
- 7-years-old boy suffers two heart attacks because of a nut allergy - Jan 28, 2011
- Britain's love affair with Indian curry hits 200-year landmark - Jun 25, 2010
- Dog, allergic to grass, wears boots - Jul 02, 2011
- Six mn US kids have food allergy: Study - Jun 21, 2011
- Indian restaurants-on-wheels becoming hip in USA - Dec 26, 2010
- British balti chicken aiming to capture Indian taste buds - Apr 21, 2010
- Spit roasts to kofta, tuck into festive feasts in Delhi - Dec 24, 2010
- India, and its art of spices - Jun 20, 2011
- Feasting all night long - at Jama Masjid of course (Feature) (With Images) - Aug 10, 2012
- Glasgow chef claims chicken tikka masala originated in Scotland - Aug 03, 2009