A simple act of kindness is enough to make Brits happyNovember 12th, 2010 - 6:28 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 12 (ANI): You might have to get some people expensive gifts to make them happy, but with Brits, a simple gesture of kindness can make their day, reveals a poll.
The researchers found that a sincere compliment or even just a simple ‘thank you’ from the boss are among the little acts of kindness that make Britons happy and a well-timed compliment about appearance is the ‘biggest little thing’.
The poll of 3,000 people found that being told ‘I love you’ by a partner was the second-best thing, followed by a surprise note or card from a loved one, or having a cuddle.
Finding money you had forgotten about in a pocket of an old pair of trousers completed the top five.
“Sometimes it really is the small things which can make such a difference. Whether it’s a simple thank-you from someone after you’ve gone out of your way to help them, or a compliment on your appearance - a little thing like that can really cheer you up,” the Daily Express quoted a spokesman for Clinton Cards, which carried out the study, as saying. (ANI)
- 50 things that make people happy - Oct 29, 2011
- Pregnancy can't be planned, but won't mind adopting: JLo (Interview) - May 15, 2012
- Underwood does own make-up - Apr 24, 2012
- 'Jaadu Ki Jhaapi' from B-Town on New Year's day - Jan 01, 2012
- For Bachchan, with love, from Bollywood - Oct 11, 2011
- Good night's sleep is life's 'greatest little pleasure' - Dec 31, 2009
- Show your mom you care! - May 11, 2012
- Happy Father's Day, tweets Bollywood - Jun 17, 2012
- Unconditional love for child makes you vulnerable: Lara - May 15, 2012
- Send out personalised paper cards this New Year - Dec 25, 2011
- Spread love, today and always, tweets B-Town - Feb 14, 2012
- My son-in-law is very good looking: Hema Malini - Feb 12, 2012
- The top 10 ways to impress a woman - Nov 28, 2010
- Rihanna happy without a man - Apr 05, 2012
- Mom is the best, says Bollywood - May 08, 2011
Tags: act of kindness, acts of kindness, appearance, boss, britons, clinton cards, compliment, cuddle, daily express, expensive gifts, gesture of kindness, london, money, poll, simple act of kindness, simple gesture, spokesman, surprise, trousers