A serial killer angler at Brushy Mountains shoots two men injuring them seriouslyFebruary 16th, 2009 - 7:34 pm ICT by David M N James
An incident similar to the 1981 case where a killer known as Randall Lee Smith murdered two hikers on the Appalachian Trail in Brush Mountains in Southwestern Virginia is now being investigated by. This follows a recent serious incident of shooting at Brushy Mountains reported in dateline NBC has become subject to scrutiny.
Two men were shot at as they hiked the popular spot. The incident resembled a similar shooting, which the local authorities have embarked on revisiting. The Brushy mountains community was rattled by this eerie turn of events.
Brushy Mountains is located in Southwestern Virginia. A lone fisherman is being sought by authorities in connections with serial shootings at the Brushy Mountains Appalachian Trail which is popular with hikers and fishers.
Two men, Scott Johnston and Sean Farmer were seriously injured after sustaining bullets wounds. They were shot at by an angler who had befriended them as they were camping at the popular fishing and a camping spot. Popularly renowned the Appalachian Trail, Brushy Mountain has been hyped as a tranquil location where campers and nature lovers like to be. However, it has on the Appalachian Trail where the two men were camping when the got shot at as they enjoyed a moment talking about sports and contemporary world issues including fishing.
The two seriously injured men told away about how this fisherman turned on them shot at them with an intent to kill them. They were badly injured. They managed to escape across the terrain and found help at Melissa Miller house who sourced for medical help forty miles off her place. They were finally admitted in hospital where they underwent medical treatment and got well. A similar incidence was reported ties back and the local authorities at Brush Mountain are embarking on looking for the fisherman who allegedly seems to be a serial killer in the making. The case resembles a 1981 case where a killer known as Randall Lee Smith murdered two hikers on the same Appalachian Trail. This murder stunned the entire nation.
- The escape from Brushy Mountain - Feb 16, 2009
- Experienced Climber Dies In Fall At Mount Rainier - Jul 29, 2010
- Arrest US Navy personnel who killed Indian: CPI-M - Jul 18, 2012
- Four killed in combat chopper crash in Russia - Sep 09, 2012
- Anne Hathaway Bares It All For “Love And Other Drugs” - Nov 19, 2010
- Three killed in French school shooting (Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- Britain shooting leaves 13 dead, 25 injured (Second Lead) - Jun 03, 2010
- Piles of cash found in Japan mountain - Aug 22, 2012
- Time to frame rules to protect our fisherfolk (Comment) - Jul 23, 2012
- Killers had no idea who Dey was: police - Jun 27, 2011
- Manhunt for US gunman who killed eight - Jan 20, 2010
- India pandering to emotions on fishermen's killing: Italy (Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- Nicolas Cage to star in 'Frozen Ground' - Jul 30, 2011
- Pakistanis kill two shop robbers - Jul 19, 2012
- Four die in shooting outside school in France (Second Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
Tags: appalachian trail, brushy mountain, brushy mountains, camping spot, contemporary world, dateline nbc, forty miles, hikers, lee smith, local authorities, lone fisherman, medical help, melissa miller, mountains community, nature lovers, randall lee, scott johnston, serial killer, southwestern virginia, tranquil location