A new ayurveda spa to drive away recession bluesFebruary 8th, 2009 - 5:10 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Feb 8 (IANS) In these times of recession and uncertainty, what better way to relieve stress than a soothing sauna and massage. A brand new ayurveda resort near the Kerala capital promises to take away the depression blues.
The ayurveda hospital and treatment centre, named Acharya Ayurgramam, is located in the foothills of the Agasthya forests near here and is opening Wednesday.
“Our centre is located in the foothills of the Agasthya forests, which are a store house of a large number of medicinal herbs. The atmosphere is totally different because the air one breathes has the aroma of these precious herbs - the most important ingredient of ayurveda,” said Jaynarayanji, head of the Acharya Group.
He said the resort was offering a “stress relieving package” and would be ideal for those “returning from the Middle East on account of the recession”. “We have packages that start with a simple rejuvenation massage, steam bath and a powder massage and also have long term packages up to three weeks duration,” Jaynarayanji told reporters.
The resort has 20 state-of-the-art cottages built at a cost of Rs.15 million. The health package starts from Rs.1,000.
The Acharya Group has an ayurveda pharmacy and manufactures 85 medicines of which eight are patented products.
- Rejuvenating ayurvedic massage, the Kairali way (IANS Spa review- With Image) - May 24, 2010
- Heal yourself in nature's lap at Kairali (IANS Travel, With Images) - May 20, 2010
- This monsoon, head for Kerala's healing ayurveda touch - Apr 06, 2010
- Tapping Gujarat hill station's herbal wealth - Aug 29, 2011
- What feeds Ramdev's lifestyle empire - Jun 09, 2011
- Ayurvedic spa packages ready for Games tourists (With Images) - Sep 15, 2010
- Kerala to take ayurveda tourism to next level (With Images) - Aug 23, 2012
- Spa culture catching on big way in India - Aug 09, 2010
- Spas grow as city slickers look for rejuvenation - Aug 14, 2010
- Unwind with aromatherapy massage at Ishwar Spa (With Images) (Spa Review) - Jul 16, 2010
- Treating patients, not tourists, Kerala ayurveda centre stands apart - Oct 26, 2009
- Combination of vanilla, chocolate for relaxed body, mind - Dec 27, 2009
- For adventurous holiday, head for Kikar Lodge (With Images, Feature) - Jan 06, 2012
- Go for fusion massage at VLCC Skin and Hair Spa (IANS Spa Review) - Feb 13, 2011
- Book a date with dad on Father's Day - Jun 17, 2010
Tags: aroma, atmosphere, ayurveda, depression blues, duration, forests, massage, medicinal herbs, medicines, middle east, pharmacy, recession blues, rejuvenation, rs 1, sauna, spa, state of the art, steam bath, stress, uncertainty