A hot Jacuzzi and a bit of bubbly at 15000 feet atop Mont Blanc!November 14th, 2007 - 2:17 am ICT by admin
They melted ice to get the water, heated it with wood fuelled stoves and then leapt in to enjoy the bath.
Finally, they marked their accomplishment by having a few glasses of bubbly in the bubbles.
“It was freezing working against the wind but we got to enjoy it in the end” the Mirror quoted a spokesman for the group, who call themselves Jacuzzi Events, as saying.
“At such an extreme height, it was difficult to get the burners working to heat the volume of snow we needed. The logistical challenge was a big one.
“We had to carry lots of boxes, pipes and fuel, plus bottles of wine and beer without any help from an helicopter,” the spokesperson added. (ANI)
- Bodies of two mountain climbers found - Jul 16, 2012
- Its snowing in Mumbai-Pune! - Jul 15, 2012
- Despite problems of matching, India's wine industry booming - Feb 05, 2012
- Motorcycle helmets could make you hard of hearing - Jul 31, 2011
- Chew on this, Jimmy Cheese - Apr 13, 2011
- For rural homes, a lamp that's also a stove! (With Image) - Feb 14, 2011
- Great wine starts with the environment: Sula's motto (With images) - Jan 29, 2012
- Pub sells special beer for dogs - Jan 10, 2012
- Beer batter squids, anybody? Or beer cheese soup? (Eating out with IANS) - Dec 14, 2010
- Amjad Ali Khan, Jogen Chowdhury honoured - May 06, 2011
- South Africa pushes its fruity presses in Indian wine mart (With Image) - Jun 07, 2012
- Swig of spicy red Chile in Indian wine glass - Sep 21, 2011
- Soot and dust damaging Himalayas: NASA - Dec 16, 2009
- Brits welcome 2011 nursing hangover of the decade - Jan 02, 2011
- Delhi to become kerosene-free city - Aug 20, 2012