A gloomy night out for Prince Harry and girlfriend Chelsy DavyNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:59 am ICT by admin
The 23-year-old royal, who ran up a whopping 3,500 pounds bar bill, even sat beside their driver as they headed home - leaving Chelsy alone in the back of the car.
Friends say that the 21-year-old Chelsy, who is taking a two-year postgraduate degree in politics at Leeds University, is intolerably homesick and pining for her family and friends in Cape Town, South Africa.
The business studies graduate, who has been dating Harry for three years, is said to be so miserable in Leeds that she has returned to London to see her boyfriend most weekends since term began in September.
“Harry said he was treating Chelsy to a night out because she was down from Leeds. They turned up at about midnight and seemed to be having fun, but Chelsy wasn’t her usual vibrant self,” the Daily Mail quoted an eyewitness, as saying.
“She seemed really upset at one point and Harry started stroking her hand. Chelsy looked like she was almost in tears.
“Perhaps it was because Harry was with his friends and wasn’t paying Chelsy enough attention. At one stage she seemed positively fed-up and said she wanted to leave. It was at about 2am, when Harry was well on his way. He insisted on staying.
“At one point he stood up to have a quiet word with Chelsy and gave her a kiss. When they did eventually leave at 3.30am, Chelsy looked thoroughly miserable. Harry was also pretty stony-faced when they were driven out of an underground car park in which the club has an entrance for VIPs,” the eyewitness added.
According to friends, Chelsy is finding the transition to life in the UK a challenge.
“She keeps talking about how much she misses her gap year and all the amazing places she visited. She really misses all her friends and family in Cape Town and says that she had a great time when she was last there,” a friend said.
“She’s also finding the climate a bit of a culture shock and is pining for the sunshine. Leeds is quite a dreary place compared with Cape Town. She really wants to go back home and can’t wait until Christmas,” the friend added. (ANI)
- Will Prince Harry and Chelsy Davy reunite at Wills-Kate wedding? - Jan 31, 2011
- Chelsy Davy to reunite with Prince Harry? - Feb 05, 2011
- Harry's invitation to Chelsy for Royal wedding sparks patch-up rumours - Nov 29, 2010
- Why Chelsy Davy dumped Prince Harry - Oct 17, 2010
- Kerry Katona's 'too mad' world made me dump her, says her new man - Apr 27, 2011
- Prince Harry splits with Chelsy Davy - Jun 21, 2010
- Prince Harry 'moves in with Chelsy Davy' - Jan 25, 2010
- 'Dumped' Prince Harry 'moves on' with Chelsy Davy lookalike - Oct 10, 2010
- Is Sophie Anderson chasing Harry Styles? - Jul 27, 2012
- Pippa Middleton & Prince Harry go on a secret date - Jun 08, 2011
- Prince Harry's ex calls royal bride-to-be Kate Middleton to wish her luck - Nov 25, 2010
- Prince Harry, girlfriend strain relations (Lead) - Jun 21, 2010
- Prince Harry, Chelsy Davy's '9-hr Christmas lovefest in London' - Dec 22, 2009
- Chelsy Davy trying to win back Prince Harry with pub crawl - Mar 01, 2009
- Prince Harry's ex Chelsy Davy back in touch with old flame - Oct 10, 2010
Tags: amika, business studies, cape town south africa, car friends, chelsy davy, fellow guests, gap year, gloomy night, leeds university, london club, mail, postgraduate degree, prince harry, quiet word, studies graduate, underground car park