A foxy tale: Woman lives with three bushy-tailsOctober 27th, 2011 - 9:58 am ICT by IANS
London, Oct 27 (IANS) Foxes are “very affectionate” like cats, says a 64-year-old British woman who shares her three-bedroom bungalow with three foxes - Minette, Chico and Billy. The foxes play hide and seek with her and each night “insist on a kiss and a cuddle before bedtime”.
Jane Shepherd, from Whittlebury in Northamptonshire, lives with the two females, Billy and Minette, and one male fox, Chico.
Minette and Chico, now six years old, were both young pups abandoned by their mother. Billy was rescued as an adult after a car accident.
“They are very affectionate - Chico loves to cover my face with kisses. They are actually a lot like cats rather than dogs,” she told Daily Mail.
“Foxes are very independent, wilful and curious creatures. They are very quiet and great at sneaking up on you when you’re not looking.”
“Hide and seek is a favourite game of theirs - they think it’s hilarious. Foxes can be naughty animals to live with but they are so delightful at the same time. You just can’t get angry at them.”
“Each night they insist on a kiss and a cuddle before bedtime,” she said.
“Foxes usually revert quickly to their natural behaviour after they’ve been in contact with humans. But despite best efforts, because of their friendly personalities, some foxes just want to stay close to people.”
“This means it’s not appropriate for them to be returned to the wild. They would approach people and possibly make a nuisance of themselves.”
- Paris Hilton romancing new man ? - Aug 08, 2012
- Is Carey Mulligan dating Marcus Mumford? - Mar 31, 2011
- Prairie dogs 'kiss and cuddle more when they have an audience' - Feb 15, 2011
- Seal moves on with mystery woman - Jul 12, 2012
- Missing cat in UK returns home 7-yrs after disappearing - Jan 29, 2011
- Timberlake parties with Jessica Biel - Oct 22, 2011
- Rooney, wife risked arrest with sizzling embrace in Dubai hotel pool - Oct 29, 2010
- Cat Comes Home After Seven Years - Jan 30, 2011
- I look like a swamp monster: Diaz - Jun 28, 2010
- Daniel Craig, Rachel Weisz get 'hot and heavy' on Valentine's Day - Feb 16, 2011
- Sienna spotted kissing Sturridge - May 18, 2011
- Wayne Rooney kisses, cuddles wife in Prague restaurant - Oct 06, 2010
- Scarlett dating advertising executive? - Feb 02, 2012
- Hally Berry dating co-star? - Sep 09, 2010
- Emma Watson cozies up with beau - Aug 07, 2011
Tags: bedroom bungalow, bedtime, best efforts, british woman, bushy tails, car accident, cats, cuddle, curious creatures, daily mail, dogs, foxes, kiss, kisses, natural behaviour, nuisance, personalities, six years, two females, woman lives