96-year-old Spanish man dies just after votingNovember 21st, 2011 - 9:57 am ICT by IANS
Madrid, Nov 21 (IANS) A 96-year-old man died Sunday shortly after casting his vote in the Spanish general election, a media report said.
The man, who voted in the Hortaleza area in the north of Spanish capital Madrid, lost consciousness just after depositing his votes for the Spanish congress and senate, Xinhua reported.
Spanish TV network RTVE said that although doctors worked for 15 minutes to try and resuscitate him, they were unsuccessful.
Over 35 million Spaniards were entitled to vote Sunday.
- Spanish foreign minister visits Mali for hostage release - Mar 04, 2012
- Spanish footballer collapses on field - Oct 25, 2010
- Former Real Madrid hero, Zarraga, dies aged 81 - Apr 05, 2012
- Fabregas denies problems with new Barca coach - Sep 05, 2012
- Penalty shoot-out most watched TV moment in Spanish history - Jun 28, 2012
- Real Madrid face tough match against Valencia - Apr 07, 2012
- Schalke humbles Hannover 3-0 in Bundesliga - Apr 09, 2012
- Big-wave surfer wakes up from coma - Sep 06, 2012
- Spain wins Euro 2012 final, smashing Italy 4-0 (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Real Madrid's lead shrinks to four points - Apr 09, 2012
- Real Madrid on verge of La Liga triumph - Apr 27, 2012
- Atletico Madrid beat Hannover at Europa quarters - Mar 30, 2012
- Barca five points behind Real after draw against Espanyol - Jan 09, 2012
- Barca trail one point behind Real after crushing victory - Apr 11, 2012
- Villarreal's Champions League opener is must win game - Sep 13, 2011