9/11 memorial to have disturbing graphic imagesSeptember 11th, 2009 - 4:53 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Sep. 11 (ANI): The proposed 9/11 memorial at Ground Zero is going to have 400 oak trees on the outside and disturbing graphic images of people jumping and planes hitting the towers inside the museum.
The New York Post quoted Joseph Daniels, president of the 9/11 Memorial Foundation, as saying that construction of the museum is moving forward.
The museum and memorial sprawled over eight acres is set to open in 2012.
The last column pulled out from the World Trade Center rubble has been returned to bedrock and will serve as a focal point, along with the so-called Survivors’ Stairs used by people fleeing the towers, the report says.
The Memorial Foundation has compiled 500 hours of video archives with help of a private team of filmmakers who collected professional and amateur videos from the day and its aftermath.
CameraPlanet’s archive includes a five-minute video shot in the streets of lower Manhattan on the evening of the attacks, with office stairwells filled with reams of paper and half-open offices with family pictures still inside.
A dust-covered Brooks Brothers logo is in one frame under shattered windows.
What appears to be an airliner seat is strewn in the street. “God Bless America! Unity!” is scrawled in the dust of one window. (ANI)
- 9/11 memorial to need $60 mn a year to run - Sep 10, 2012
- 9/11 memorial museum to handle 5 mn visitors - Aug 11, 2010
- A sister's lament: the call that never came - Sep 14, 2011
- New NYPD photos released of the Twin Tower's 9/11 attack - Feb 13, 2010
- 'Backbone' of twin towers returns to 9/11 site - Sep 08, 2010
- 'Khuda Kay Liye', 'Fahrenheit 9/11' best cinematic works on WTC attack - Sep 09, 2011
- Statue of Liberty to be closed for security upgrade - Aug 10, 2010
- Robert De Niro backs 9/11 memorial foundation - Jun 26, 2010
- Anita Desai's new characters search for wholeness (IANS Book Review) - Sep 19, 2011
- Over 3,000 survivors of WTC attacks experience PTSD - Jan 08, 2011
- National Museum to set up 1,000 people's museums across India - Apr 09, 2011
- Sir Ed's historic ice axe lies neglected in museum corner - Jun 13, 2010
- Holocaust victim Anne Frank Museum to move away from Ground Zero mosque site - Mar 28, 2011
- 9/11 memorial preview site opens to public - Aug 27, 2009
- 9/11 triggers cascade of books (Ten years since 9/11) - Sep 07, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,