911 Comes To Rescue When Man Jumps Onto Semi As BetJune 20th, 2010 - 7:31 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
June 20, (THAINDIAN NEWS) It started as a prank for Brandon Farmer, 21 and then resulted in clinging for his life on the back of a semi trailer for 17 miles from downtown Washington Court House to Sabina without a stop early Friday morning, June 18.
He then called 911 for help which saved his life and he was rescued uninjured by the police. Brandon Farmer’s intention was to ride on the back of this trailer until it stopped at the next traffic signal but he was unaware that traffic signals in the downtown area remain green all throughout the evening and hence he could not get off the truck.
Fayette County Sheriff Vernon Stanforth said that Brandon Farmer informed Sgt. David Bivens when he called 911 and he was unaware of the traffic signal pattern of the place where the traffic signals remain green during evening hours until there is any cross traffic. Hence Brandon farmer could not jump off the semi-trailer which traveled at 55 miles per hour or more. Sabina Police after rescuing Brandon Farmer took him to the county line and then to the Fayette County Sheriff’s Office.
The police said that Brandon Farmer called 911 around 3:32 a.m. and asked for help as he could not get off the tractor trailer after he jumped on the truck as a bet with a drinking partner. He said, “Now I’m scared of falling…,” a Sabina Police officer stopped the truck after he saw Brandon Farmer waving and shouting from the ladder.
However, the driver of the truck was unaware of his presence hence there will not be any charges against the driver. Brandon Farmer was arrested and will be appearing in the Washington Court House Municipal Court for an arraignment on June 28, at 9:30 a.m.
- Man In Sabina In Ohio Jumps Onto A Semi As A Bet Only To Dial 911 In A State Of Fear - Jun 20, 2010
- Drunk man jumps on to a semi-trailer as a bet, then calls 911 for help - Jun 20, 2010
- Minnesotan Males Providential To Be Animate After Driving Under A Semi - Sep 01, 2010
- 17 dead in China road accident - Aug 06, 2011
- Man held for killing two while 'sleep-driving' - Feb 07, 2012
- 17 killed in road accident in east China - Aug 06, 2011
- Law Enforcement Officials In Southern California Bust A Drug Consignment Worth $45 Million - Jun 27, 2010
- 'Overwhelming Odor' Leads To Huge Drug Bust In California - Jun 27, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan involved in another car crash - Jul 26, 2012
- Police Watch As $1Million in Marijuana Stolen? - Feb 22, 2010
- Deadly booty awaits Canadian robbers - Jun 19, 2010
- Thief calls for help as tonnes of rubbish crushes him - Sep 25, 2010
- 10 killed, 18 injured in Florida highway pileups - Jan 30, 2012
- Police : Vt. Farmer crushed cops cars with tractors - Aug 03, 2012
- Minor speeding on scooter injures cop - Oct 18, 2011
Tags: arraignment, bet, bivens, brandon farmer, court house, evening hours, fayette county sheriff, fayette county sheriff s office, friday morning, gina gomez, miles per hour, municipal court, police officer, sabina, semi trailer, signal pattern, tractor trailer, traffic signal, traffic signals, vernon stanforth