9/11 attack tops Yahoo! SearchesMarch 6th, 2010 - 12:06 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 6 (ANI): The September 11 terrorist attacks on New York’s twin towers has ranked top in the list of online news searches in the last 15 years, according to a new study by Yahoo! shows.
Cloning and the Iraq war followed the attack at the World Trade Center, in the maximum search file.
Also, the survey found that the total number of websites have reached an estimated 200 million from just 18,000 in 1995.
‘These numbers are astonishing, but even more important and more exciting is the impact that the internet is having on so many people around the world,” the Telegraph quoted Yahoo! co-founders Jerry Yang and David Filo, as saying.
They added: ‘From socio-economic opportunities to more accessible healthcare to educating the next generation and beyond, the internet has changed the way we live, work and learn.’
The top 10 news searches in the last 15 years according to Yahoo! are-
1. September 11
3. Iraq war
4. Saddam Hussein
5. Harry Potter book releases
6. Michael Jackson death
7. Steve Irwin death
9. Enron scandal
10. The Millennium (ANI)
- Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang resigns - Jan 18, 2012
- Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang steps down (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Yahoo taps former Google executive as CEO - Jul 17, 2012
- Man jailed in Britain for hate rant over Iraq war - Jul 30, 2011
- Yahoo names new CEO - Jan 05, 2012
- Saddam Hussein's secretary executed - Jun 07, 2012
- Yahoo names new CEO (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Iraq will be left to wolves if US withdraws: Saddam's aide - Aug 06, 2010
- US condemns Iraq bombings - Mar 21, 2012
- All US troops out of Iraq - Dec 18, 2011
- Yahoo, Microsoft link up in challenge to Google (Second Lead) - Jul 29, 2009
- US was high on military before Iraq invasion: Hans Blix - Jul 28, 2010
- Akbar Khan to play Saddam Hussein, says it's challenging (With Images) - Apr 28, 2011
- Blair's Govt. 'intentionally and substantially' exaggerated WMD threat - Jul 13, 2010
- US hands over Saddam's two half-brothers to Iraq - Jul 15, 2011
Tags: accessible healthcare, cloning, david filo, economic opportunities, enron scandal, founders, harry potter book, iraq war, jerry yang, jerry yang and david filo, maximum search, michael jackson, saddam hussein, search file, september 11 terrorist attacks, steve irwin death, survey found that, twin towers, world trade center, yahoo searches