800 bodies found in Iraq mass graveApril 15th, 2011 - 9:23 pm ICT by IANS
Baghdad, April 15 (IANS/AKI) A mass grave containing the remains of over 800 people, including women and children, has been found in western Iraq.
The 812 bodies belong to victims executed in late 2006 by then Iraqi president Saddam Hussein, according to Iraqi human rights ministry head Khudier Hamdan.
The victims were political opponents of Hussein, officials said.
They were executed and then disposed of in a trench in the desert in Anbar province.
- 900 bodies found in mass grave in Iraq - Jul 07, 2011
- Anti-terror official killed in Iraq blast - Sep 07, 2012
- Tariq Aziz's son pleads for condemned father's life - Dec 02, 2010
- Iraq bans visits to Saddam Hussein's grave - Jan 22, 2012
- 70,000 killed in Iraq between 2004-2011 - Feb 29, 2012
- US military hands over former headquarters to Iraq - Dec 02, 2011
- Holy See condemns Tariq Aziz death sentence - Oct 28, 2010
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- 835 await execution in Iraqi prisons - Dec 14, 2010
- US condemns Iraq bombings - Mar 21, 2012
- 21 executed in a day in Iraq - Aug 29, 2012
- All US troops out of Iraq - Dec 18, 2011
- Mass grave of 40 found in Iraq - Sep 10, 2011
- TV host killed in Iraq bombing - Apr 04, 2012
- 43 killed, over 190 wounded in Iraq bomb attacks (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012