8 in 10 Brits fail to clean their loos every day!November 19th, 2010 - 5:10 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 19 (ANI): Britons’ dirty secret is out - nearly eight in 10 householders fail to clean the loo every day.
A survey - to mark World Toilet Day today - found that six per cent only wipe round the bowl when it is visibly dirty, reports the Daily Express.
The survey was commissioned by the charity Toilet Twinning, which works to improve sanitation and prevent disease in the world’s poorest communities.
The findings show one in four take a phone into the smallest room to chat, text, email or update Facebook. (ANI)
- 1 in 10 Brit couples only chat by email or text - Oct 06, 2010
- 1 in 4 Brit spend more time socialising online than in person - Nov 08, 2010
- Millions of Brits read, text and chat to friends while in the loo! - Nov 19, 2008
- Hello, This Is Nature's Call From A Garbage Heap! - Apr 07, 2012
- Most Delhi slums without proper toilets: Study - Aug 30, 2011
- 1 in 5 Brits wear their undies at least 250 times before buying new ones! - Dec 02, 2010
- Men's toilet 'captured' to mark International Women's Day - Mar 07, 2012
- India has more 'multidimensionally poor' than Pakistan - Nov 03, 2011
- Beware, ATMs are as dirty as public toilets - Jan 12, 2011
- Britons admit having sex with people they met on Facebook - Nov 15, 2010
- Finnair to donate to UNICEF campaign for Indian children - Dec 12, 2010
- British MPs spend 27,000 pounds ruing dirty loos - Jun 01, 2012
- President Patil emphasizes need for proper sanitation in rural areas - Mar 23, 2011
- '37 percent Delhi government school toilets very dirty' - Mar 30, 2012
- A Londoner's public sanitation campaign in Bihar (With Images) - Feb 28, 2010