700 Brit men in line for ‘moob’ jobJanuary 31st, 2011 - 5:58 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 31 (ANI): The second most common cosmetic procedure among British men is the removal of ‘man boobs,’ it has emerged.
More than 700 have already signed up to have the surgery, reports the Daily Express.
While men’s nose jobs were the most popular-993 have gone under the knife-’moob’ or breast reduction surgery rose by 28 per cent. It is the biggest increase out of procedures for both sexes.
Year 2008 saw the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons carrying out 38,274 operations-a five per cent increase from 2009.
The demand among men this year, however, is a seven per cent rise overall from 3,623 last year. (ANI)
- More women opt for boob jobs 'to look like Christina Hendricks' - Jan 31, 2011
- Brit men having moob jobs on the rise - Sep 18, 2009
- 'Man boob' reduction ops on the rise in UK - Jan 31, 2010
- Number of Indians seeking plastic surgery growing rapidly - Oct 20, 2009
- Recession hurts US plastic surgery industry - Apr 28, 2010
- Cosmetic surgery cases surge in India - Oct 04, 2009
- India fourth in plastic surgeries - and experts know why - Aug 13, 2010
- More men in US undergoing plastic surgery to 'look good' - Mar 21, 2011
- Moobs vie with boob jobs in British surgery spurt - Jan 26, 2009
- Boob job 'most popular cosmetic surgery procedure' - Mar 27, 2011
- First day, first show: Freshers spruce up with cosmetic treatments - Jul 21, 2012
- Thousands of Brit girls ready to splash out on boob ops - Sep 22, 2010
- Growing number of Malaysian men turning to cosmetic surgery - Aug 22, 2010
- An 'explosion' in the number of boob jobs in run-up to Christmas - Dec 08, 2010
- Australians spend about $1bn annually on cosmetic procedures - Mar 31, 2011