7-magnitude quake hits New ZealandJuly 4th, 2012 - 7:31 am ICT by IANS
Wellington, July 4 (IANS) An undersea quake measuring 7.0 on the Richter scale struck New Zealand but there was no report of damage or casualty, authorities said Wednesday.
The tremor occurred around 10.30 p.m. Tuesday off south Taranaki coast, Xinhua quoted the geological agency GNS Science as saying.
The epicentre was located at sea, 170 km from Wellington.
The quake was felt in Napier, Dunedin and Wellington, among other places.
- Quake hits Japan - Apr 21, 2011
- 7-magnitude quake rocks Myanmar (Lead) - Mar 25, 2011
- Powerful earthquake rocks eastern Greenland - Aug 30, 2012
- 7.2 quake hits Chile, no tsunami threat (Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- Quake hits Taiwan - Nov 22, 2010
- Quakes rock Japan island (Lead) - Mar 22, 2011
- Magnitude-7 quake hits Japan (Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- Strong quake hits Taiwan - Jun 10, 2012
- Strong quake hits Japan - Mar 27, 2012
- 43 hurt as quake shakes Bali - Oct 13, 2011
- Japan issues tsunami alter after 6.8-magnitude quake - Aug 19, 2011
- Tsunami alert issued after 7.4-magnitude quake rattles Japan (Lead) - Apr 07, 2011
- 5.1 earthquake near New Zealand's Christchurch city - Jul 22, 2011
- Japan issues tsunami alert after 7.4-magnitude quake (Second Lead) - Apr 07, 2011
- Low-intensity quake in northeast - Sep 07, 2012
Tags: authorities, casualty, dunedin, epicentre, geological agency, july 4, magnitude quake, napier, new zealand, richter scale, science, south taranaki, taranaki, taranaki coast, tremor, xinhua, zealand wellington