Kobe Bryant to lead U.S. basketball team at OlympicsJune 24th, 2008 - 2:53 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, June 24 (Xinhua)National Basketball Association’s (NBA) Most Valuable Player (MVP) Kobe Bryant of Los Angeles Lakers will lead the 12-member United States basketball team at the Beijing Olympics in August. The other members of the team are all from the NBA league, the world’s richest basketball championship.
The team: Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers), Lebron James (Cleveland Cavaliers)), Dwyane Wade (Miami Heat), both second time Olympians, Chris Paul (New Orleans Hornets), Carmelo Anthony (Denver Nuggets), Jason Kidd (Dallas Mavericks), Dwight Howard (Orlando Magic), Michael Redd (Milwaukee Bucks), Deron Williams (Utah Jazz), Carlos Boozer (Utah Jazz), Chris Bosh (Toronto Raptors) and Tayshaun Prince (Detroit Pistons).
Duke University coach Mike Krzyzewski is the head coach of the team. Syracuse University coach Jim Boeheim, New York Knicks head mentor Mike D’Antoni and Portland Blazers head coach Nate McMillan will be the assistant coaches.
The United States got a disappointing bronze medal in he Athens Olympics in 2004, and also finished third at the world championship in Japan two years ago.
- US picks 12-man basketball squad for Olympics - Jul 09, 2012
- Olympics: Dominant but not dream start for US men's basketball team - Jul 30, 2012
- Knicks end six-game losing streak after D'Antoni's resignation - Mar 15, 2012
- Denver Nuggets To Trade Carmelo Anthony To The Los Angeles Lakers? - Feb 09, 2011
- Olympics: Kobe Bryant watches Federer win - Aug 04, 2012
- Kobe Bryant is suffering from concussion - Feb 29, 2012
- NBA superstar Shaquille O'Neal announces retirement after 19 years - Jun 02, 2011
- Olympic basketball: Spain, US set up rematch of Beijing final (Second Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Spain, Argentina bring high hopes to Olympic basketball - Jul 28, 2012
- Knicks beat Pacers - Mar 17, 2012
- Deron Williams scores a career record of 57 points - Mar 05, 2012
- LeBron James gets third NBA most valuable player citation - May 13, 2012
- Jeremy stars in Knicks' win over Kings - Feb 16, 2012
- Miami Heat president Riley gets lifetime NBA coaching award - Jun 20, 2012
- Chris Bosh's 911 call for dying masseuse released - Jun 13, 2012
Tags: athens olympics, beijing olympics, carlos boozer, carmelo anthony, chris bosh, cleveland cavaliers, coach mike krzyzewski, coach nate, dallas mavericks, deron williams, jim boeheim, lebron james, los angeles lakers, michael redd, mike krzyzewski, nate mcmillan, national basketball association, new orleans hornets, new york knicks, portland blazers