6.3-magnitude quake rocks IndonesiaJuly 21st, 2010 - 9:23 pm ICT by IANS
Jakarta, July 21 (IANS) An earthquake measuring 6.3 on the Richter scale struck off North Maluku islands in Indonesia Wednesday, but there is no potential for tsunami, officials said.
Indonesian Meteorology and Geophysics Agency reported that the quake struck at 0916 GMT with the epicentre at 254 km northeast of North Maluku and with a depth of 105 km under the seabed, Xinhua reported.
There was no immediate report of damage or casualty.
Indonesia sits on a vulnerable quake-hit zone called the Pacific Ring of Fire, where two continental plates meet that cause frequent seismic and volcanic movements.
- Strong quake jolts Indonesia - May 16, 2010
- Quake rattles Indonesian province - Apr 15, 2012
- Strong quake jolts Indonesia - May 07, 2010
- Powerful quake hits Indonesia, no tsunami - Nov 14, 2011
- Quake rocks Indonesia - Jul 24, 2010
- Powerful quake hits Indonesia - Oct 25, 2009
- 6.4-magnitude earthquake strikes eastern Indonesia - Apr 24, 2010
- 6.4-magnitude earthquake jolts Indonesia (Lead) - Sep 19, 2009
- Powerful quake jolts eastern Indonesia - Dec 26, 2009
- Major earthquake jolts Indonesia - Sep 19, 2009
- Quake rocks Indonesia - Aug 03, 2010
- Quake hits Indonesia - Jun 23, 2012
- 6.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Indonesia's Papua - Oct 04, 2009
- 6.2 earthquake shakes Indonesia - Mar 26, 2010
- 5.9-magnitude earthquake hits Indonesia - May 08, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,