60,000 Chinese hold assets worth 100 mn yuanJuly 20th, 2012 - 6:47 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, July 20 (IANS) Around 63,500 people in China - with an average age of 41 - have individual assets worth more than 100 million yuan (around $16 million), a report said Friday.
According to the “Chinese Luxury Consumer White Paper 2012″, there were around 2.7 million people in the country who had personal assets worth more than six million yuan (around $950,000). Their average age was 39, the China Daily reported.
However, more than 50 percent of the assets owned by wealthy Chinese “stay in the form of currency and deposits”.
Most of them are business owners, real estate speculators, professional investors and well-paid professionals.
Beijing has the highest number of rich people, the report said. The number, however, was not disclosed in the media report.
- Rich get richer in China - Mar 28, 2012
- China's super-rich to get richer - May 08, 2012
- China has over 1 mn multi-millionaires - Jul 31, 2012
- Nearly half of China's millionaires consider emigration - Nov 01, 2011
- Chinese love Swiss watches - Feb 05, 2012
- China's rich building wealth in property - Dec 24, 2011
- Hard times for Chinese returning from abroad - Aug 07, 2012
- World Bank issues first yaun bonds - Jan 05, 2011
- 72 Chinese millionaires had premature deaths - Jul 24, 2011
- Shanghai - a city with 132,000 millionaires - May 13, 2011
- Chinese own 2.95 bn bank cards - Mar 19, 2012
- China, the driving force for luxury cars - Apr 21, 2011
- Chinese couples opting for faked wedding albums - Apr 05, 2012
- 16 Chinese held in kidney transplant racket - Mar 01, 2012
- China has 960,000 millionaires and still counting... - Apr 13, 2011