60-year-old worker at Japan’s quake-hit n-plant diesMay 14th, 2011 - 4:46 pm ICT by IANS
Tokyo, May 14 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A 60-year-old man who was clearing rubble at the site of the tsunami-hit Fukushima nuclear power plant in Japan died Saturday, Kyodo News reported.
The plant’s operator said the man had started work early in the morning and almost an hour later felt unwell and was taken to hospital where he fainted. He died three hours later.
Doctors did not find any injuries on his body.
A magnitude-9 earthquake and ensuing tsunami that swept northeastern Japan March 11 damaged the cooling system at the Fukushima plant.
- Fuel rods at Japan n-reactor may have melted - May 12, 2011
- Radiation detected on Japan seabed - Jun 28, 2011
- Radiation level drops in Japan's troubled n-reactor - May 08, 2011
- Tokyo operator to be banned from Fukushima n-plant - Apr 24, 2011
- Japan lifts milk restrictions from areas near n-plant - May 01, 2011
- Cooling system restored at Japan n-plant reactor - May 29, 2011
- Fukushima plant operator to evacuate control room personnel - Mar 15, 2011
- Japan quake toll rises to 61 - Mar 11, 2011
- Fukushima n-plant operator confirms fuel meltdown - May 24, 2011
- Work resumed on Fukushima plant power supply, cooling - Mar 24, 2011
- Tsunami to hit US west coast, Alaska - Mar 11, 2011
- Japan n-plant in emergency shutdown - Mar 11, 2011
- Russia sends 50 tonnes of mineral water to quake-hit Japan - May 18, 2011
- Russian found with radioactive car - Apr 10, 2012
- Hundreds of bodies found after massive quake in Japan - Mar 11, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,