60 Minutes: 7th century shipwreck showcasedJune 14th, 2010 - 8:18 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York City, Jun 14 (THAINDIAN NEWS) CBS’s show ’60 Minutes’ has managed to create a trend of sorts with its investigative stories and the thrilling endings with ample twists and turns. Fans of the show were in for a huge surprise, when they showcased the 7th century shipwreck.
The 7th century shipwreck was located between the Aegean and the Mediterranean Sea. The person responsible for discovering it was none other than the person who discovered the Titanic – Robert Ballard. And giving him company was the CBS team. The CBS team comprised of their correspondent Lara Logan and her crew. The whole team along with Robert had gone to Turkey, where the amazing discovery was made.
Another thing that brought cheer to the team, was that the ship appears to be well preserved despite being old by several centuries. The whole team of archaeologists was very excited by the discovery, and they hope that the wreck would shed some light on the maritime history of the 7th century.
Robert Ballad is a living legend in the name of discovery shipwrecks. He is credited with the discovery of Titanic as well. Apart from that he has also discovered Bismarck as well as the famous PT 109, which used to be commanded by John F. Kennedy during the time of the World War II.
- Latest Episode Of CBS' "60 Minutes" Features 7th Century Shipwreck - Jun 14, 2010
- 60 Minutes To Show The Discovery Of A 7th Century Ancient Shipwreck - Jun 14, 2010
- Wreckage of 16th century ship discovered off Brazil - Mar 01, 2012
- Hilt of 18th-century pirate Blackbeard's sword may have been found - Jan 16, 2011
- 188-yr-old 'Two Brothers' ship linked to 'Moby-Dick' discovered - Feb 12, 2011
- Irish archaeologists say Spanish Armada wreck found - Aug 06, 2011
- Ancient shipwrecks unearthed in China - May 29, 2012
- Five Roman-era shipwrecks found underwater off Italy - Jul 27, 2009
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck confronts Bill Maher - Nov 16, 2011
- 400-year-old shipwreck discovered in Stockholm archipelago - Aug 07, 2009
- Archaeologists discover Old Testament-era tablet - Apr 09, 2010
- Titanic expedition captures new images of the wreck - Aug 30, 2010
- Oldest-known Mayan calendar found - May 11, 2012
- CBS correspondent Lara Logan 'sexually assaulted while covering Egypt protests - Feb 16, 2011
- Sexually assaulted CBS reporter Lara Logan could become target for copycat attacks: Ex boss - Feb 18, 2011
Tags: 60 minutes, aegean, archaeologists, ballad, bismarck, cbs team, cheer, correspondent, john f kennedy, lara logan, living legend, maritime history, mediterranean sea, pt 109, robert ballard, shipwreck, titanic robert ballard, twists, who discovered the titanic, world war ii