6 months later, McDonald’s happy meal ‘turns into plastic’October 12th, 2010 - 4:50 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 12 (ANI): Manhattan artist Sally Davies bought a McDonalds happy meal six months ago on April 10 of this year, and has photographed it everyday - and six months later, the meal shows almost no signs of decomposing.
Entitled ‘The Happy Meal Project’, Davies charted the seemingly indestructible fast food meals progress as it refuses to yield to the forces of nature.
“I bought the meal on April 10 of this year and brought it home with the express intention of leaving it out to see how it fared,” The Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
“I chose McDonald’s because it was nearest to my house, but the project could have been about any other of the myriad of fast food joints in New York,” Davies added.
Within the first two days, the meal stopped emitting any smell, and had not shown any signs of decomposition after two weeks.
“The fries shrivelled slightly as did the burger patty, but the overall appearance of the food did not change as the weeks turned to months,” Davies said.
“And now, at six months old, the food is plastic to the touch and has an acrylic sheen to it,” she added.
Davies, however, is more amused than scared, probably because she is vegan.
When asked if their food was not biodegradable, McDonald’s spokeswoman Danya Proud said, “This is nothing more than an outlandish claim and is completely false.” (ANI)
- Sally Davies shows the power of preservatives in McDonald's Happy Meal - Oct 12, 2010
- Sally Davies Shows McDonald's Happy Meal Doesn't Rot - Oct 13, 2010
- Now, a McDonald's burger named after Shane Warne! - Nov 10, 2010
- McDonald's to give free fruit with every Happy Meal - Jul 27, 2011
- San Francisco Approves Happy Meal Fast Food Toy Ban - Nov 06, 2010
- McDonald's fined in Brazil for including toys in kids' meals - Dec 07, 2011
- Rooney snapped on phone while driving - Jan 23, 2011
- McDonalds Facing Lawsuit From US Consumer Group - Jun 23, 2010
- Snoop Dogg digs into junk food - Jul 19, 2011
- San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom Vetoes McDonald's Happy Meals Ban - Nov 14, 2010
- McDonald's, Burger King now 'serving healthier foods' - Jul 15, 2010
- Unhealthiest of fast foods revealed - Aug 10, 2010
- Man eats 25,000 burgers, says more to come! - May 22, 2011
- Mcdonald's Faces Lawsuit For Luring Children With Happy Meal Toys - Jun 23, 2010
- McDonald's to face a lawsuit over the Happy Meal toys - Jun 23, 2010
Tags: appearance, burger patty, daily mail, decomposition, fast food, food joints, forces of nature, fries, intention, manhattan, mcdonald s happy meal, mcdonalds, mcdonalds happy meal, myriad, sally davies, sheen, shrivelled, signs, six months, spokeswoman