6 killed, 10 wounded in Iraq attacksApril 16th, 2012 - 3:53 am ICT by IANS
Baghdad, April 16 (IANS) At least six people were killed and 10 wounded in separate attacks carried out in different places of Iraq Sunday, said police.
In Iraq’s northern city of Kirkuk, a Kurdish security member was killed and seven others were wounded after a booby-trapped car went off near a patrol of a Kurdish security police, some 250 km north of Baghdad, Xinhua quoted an anonymous police source as saying.
In Salahudin province, gunmen broke into an Iraqi army soldier’s house and shot him dead in the early hours of the day, said a source.
Earlier in the day, three members of a family, including a five-year-old boy, were killed when gunmen planted bombs around a house and blew it up in Taji area, some 20 km north of Baghdad, said an interior ministry source.
In Iraq’s eastern province of Diyala, a former security officer during late Saddam Hussein’s regime was gunned down by armed men in Buhruz town, a provincial police source said.
In a separate incident, a civilian was injured when a sticky bomb attached to his car detonated in Baghdad’s Zaafaraniya district, the source added.
In a separate incident, an old woman and her daughter were wounded when a roadside bomb exploded before their house in an area located west of provincial capital of Baquba, the source said.
- 52 killed in series of attacks across Iraq - Sep 09, 2012
- Six killed in Iraq attacks - Jan 23, 2012
- Three killed, nine injured in Iraq - Apr 30, 2012
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- Two policemen killed in Iraq bombings - Mar 09, 2012
- 6 killed in Iraq violence - Aug 25, 2012
- Five Iraqi soldiers killed in separate attacks - Sep 05, 2012
- Two killed, 15 wounded in Iraq attacks - Dec 20, 2011
- Seven killed in Iraq violence - Aug 08, 2012
- 43 killed, over 190 wounded in Iraq bomb attacks (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- Nine killed, 21 injured in Iraq - Aug 08, 2011
- Twelve dead in two bomb blasts in northern Iraq - Apr 29, 2011
- Six killed, 39 injured in Iraq car bombings - Aug 16, 2012
- Five killed in Iraq violence - May 24, 2012
- 17 killed in two Iraq attacks - Dec 01, 2011
Tags: armed men, army soldier, different places, eastern province, gunmen, interior ministry, iraq attacks, iraqi army, kirkuk, ministry source, old woman, police source, provincial capital, provincial police, roadside bomb, saddam hussein, security member, security officer, security police, xinhua