5.9-magnitude quake rocks northwestern ChinaAugust 31st, 2009 - 9:20 pm ICT by IANS
Xining (China), Aug 31 (Xinhua) An earthquake measuring 5.9 on the Richter scale Monday jolted the Qinghai province in northwestern China, officials said.
The quake occurred at 6.15 p.m. Monday, the China earthquake administration said.
There was no immediate report of casualties or property losses, according to local administration.
The quake occurred three days after a 6.4-magnitude quake hit the region.
- Tremors rock Kashmir Valley, northwest Pakistan (Third Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Temblor shakes Kashmir, Pakistan, Afghanistan; no loss of life (Roundup) - Nov 07, 2011
- Two quakes jolt Japan's Honshu island (Lead) - Apr 16, 2011
- Strong quake hits Taiwan - Jun 10, 2012
- 7-magnitude quake rocks Myanmar (Lead) - Mar 25, 2011
- Quake strikes off Turkey - Jun 11, 2012
- Quake rattles Indonesian province - Apr 15, 2012
- 5.4-magnitude quake hits China - Nov 01, 2011
- Quakes rock Japan island (Lead) - Mar 22, 2011
- 300 killed in twin quakes in Iran (Lead) - Aug 12, 2012
- Magnitude 7.2 quake hits Mexico - May 02, 2012
- Magnitude 5.9 quake hits Japan's Kanto region - Apr 16, 2011
- Strong quake hits Japan - Mar 27, 2012
- Seven killed as magnitude-5.6 quake hits Turkey - Nov 10, 2011
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Argentina, no casualties - May 28, 2012