50pc Brit women have ‘muffin top’ waistlinesApril 8th, 2009 - 5:43 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 8 (ANI): Almost half of Brit women have “muffin tops”, unsightly rolls of fat that bulge over waistbands, according to research.
Compiled by weight management supplement LIPObind, the “Waist Lines” report revealed differences in the size of women’s waists across UK.
And the survey of 2,000 women also disclosed that almost 30 per cent of women in Portsmouth have a waist circumference of more than 38 inches - a higher percentage than anywhere else in the country.
Over 65 per cent of women in Sheffield have a waist size of more than 32 inches-which is the highest percentage in the UK, reports The Telegraph.
Almost one third of the women in the survey claimed that their muffin top is the part of their body they would most like to change.
Particularly, the study found that women having extra flab around their stomachs were 15 per cent more prone to develop heart failure.
But, men with a potbelly were worse off, as they were at 16 per cent more risk to develop the life-threatening condition. (ANI)
- A pot belly increases your risk of bowel cancer - Sep 13, 2010
- Bulging waist damages sexual, urinary functions - Aug 01, 2012
- Now, a jab that could help you drop two dress sizes in 6 months! - Dec 27, 2010
- 1 in 5 Brits wear their undies at least 250 times before buying new ones! - Dec 02, 2010
- Modern women not as shapely as they would like to think - Feb 21, 2011
- UK young girls' waistlines 4 inches larger now than 30 yrs ago! - Apr 14, 2011
- Formula for the perfect hourglass figure revealed - Jan 12, 2010
- Bulging waistlines put women at higher cancer risk - Dec 29, 2010
- Wider hips protect against diabetes - Jan 24, 2012
- Men who feel discriminated likely to have bigger tummy - Apr 13, 2011
- Spare tyres 'a major health hazard' - Apr 20, 2010
- 'Apple shaped' obesity, other forms 'equally risky' - Mar 11, 2011
- Beer belly or muffin top double mortality risk in heart disease patients - May 03, 2011
- A third of UK women wiling to trade a year of life for perfect body - Mar 31, 2011
- Forget losing weight, just get yourself a pair of smoothie pants! - Jan 27, 2011
Tags: bulge, flab, heart failure, london, muffin top, portsmouth, potbelly, risk, sheffield, stomachs, telegraph, waist circumference, waist lines, waist size, waistbands, weight management supplement