50 pc of Pakistan supported Benazir’s homecoming in a pre-return pollNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:35 am ICT by admin
However, Benazir does appear to be a bit more popular than President Pervez Musharraf.
When asked that who would be the best person to lead Pakistan, 27 per cent of respondents to the poll conducted for WorldPublicOpinion.org by ACNielsen in the country through face-to-face interviews in 19 cities favoured Benazir over 21 per cent for Musharraf.
Former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, who was deported to Jeddah by the Musharraf regime, was able to win support of 21 per cent in the best leader category.
When asked about the possibility of Sharif’s homecoming, 51 per cent approve of his potential return, while 35 percent were opposed to it and the rest are undecided.
Supreme Court Chief Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry was able to get a meagre support of three per cent as the best person to lead the country.
Steven Kull, Director of WorldPublicOpinion.org, comments, “There seems to be little consensus among urban Pakistanis about who should lead Pakistan.” (ANI)
- 6 out of 10 people globally think Obama is most trusted world leader: Poll - Jul 01, 2009
- Zardari's ratings plummet to all-time-low of 20 percent in poll - Jul 30, 2010
- Still much criticism of US Foreign Policy: Global Poll - Jul 07, 2009
- Most Americans oppose Israeli strike on Iran - Mar 14, 2012
- Musharraf to target non-voters, youth, minorities in his political comeback bid - Nov 10, 2010
- Six out of ten Pakistanis want to live in democratic country - Sep 18, 2009
- Afghans differ from world view of NATO role: Poll - Jul 24, 2009
- One out of two Pakistanis considers Zardari popular: Survey - Oct 05, 2009
- Canadians deeply divided over monarchy Vs president debate - May 26, 2010
- 71 percent Pakistanis want to punish Musharraf for imposing emergency - Aug 29, 2009
- Amid improving ties, Zardari to meet Manmohan, visit Ajmer (Lead) - Apr 02, 2012
- Nawaz Sharif "author of Islamic radicalism" in Afghanistan: Spanta - Dec 04, 2010
- Its official: Musharraf to return to Pakistan to re-launch career in politics - Sep 11, 2010
- Labour Party's support declines to lowest level in last six months - Apr 25, 2010
- Musharraf delays return to Pakistan - Jan 19, 2012
Tags: acnielsen, benazir, face interviews, former prime minister, homecoming, jeddah, minister nawaz sharif, musharraf regime, pakistan, poll, president pervez musharraf, prime minister nawaz, respondents, steven kull, supreme court chief justice