5 Bodies found hanging from bridges in Mexican cityMarch 1st, 2011 - 11:38 am ICT by IANS
Mexico City, March 1 (IANS/EFE) Five bodies were found hanging from bridges in the Pacific resort city of Mazatlan, authorities said. Officials have not released any information on the identity of the dead or the circumstances of the killings.
The public display of victims is characteristic of Mexico’s drug cartels and other criminal outfits.
Gabriela Muniz, the jailed leader of a kidnapping gang, was found hanging from a bridge in the northern city of Monterrey just days after armed men snatched her from prison guards as they were taking her to a hospital.
While in Tijuana, next door to San Diego, California, killers left the naked, battered body of a state official hanging from a bridge.
Sinaloa, the birthplace of Mexico’s first generation of drug lords, is among the states hardest hit by a conflict pitting cartels against each other and the security forces that has claimed nearly 35,000 lives nationwide in the past four years.
The state is the bastion of the Sinaloa cartel, whose leader, Joaquin “El Chapo” (Shorty) Guzman, remains at large more than a decade after escaping from a maximum-security prison.
- Gunmen kill seven in Mexican town - Mar 24, 2011
- Four shot dead in Mexican bar's parking lot - Mar 09, 2011
- Mexican president says he received death threat - Aug 21, 2012
- Mexican prison's security chief gunned down - Jul 30, 2012
- Cartels have been weakened, says Mexican government - Dec 27, 2010
- Mexican Supreme Court official held for links to drug cartel - Aug 13, 2012
- Nine charred bodies found in Mexico - Nov 24, 2011
- Two drug tunnels found in Mexico - Jul 14, 2012
- Five slain at Mexican hospital - Mar 03, 2012
- Mexican journalist kidnapped - Aug 25, 2011
- Five bullet-riddled bodies found on Mexican highway - Dec 31, 2010
- 121 Bodies recovered from mass graves in Mexican state - May 06, 2011
- Kidnapped Mexican journalist found dead - Aug 26, 2011
- Mexico arrests drug trafficker wanted for 1,500 murders - Aug 01, 2011
- Seven killed in Mexico violence - Jan 23, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,