46% of Mississippi Republicans say ‘interracial marriage should be illegal’April 9th, 2011 - 5:54 pm ICT by ANI
New York, April 09 (ANI): A new poll has revealed that a majority of Mississippi Republicans believe that interracial marriage should be illegal.
About 46 pc of GOP voters in the state believed this, a survey by Public Policy Polling of Raleigh, N.C showed, reports the New York Daily News.
Forty percent felt mixed-race weddings should remain legal, while 14 pc said they were not sure.
Interracial marriage in Mississippi became legal in 1967 after a U.S. Supreme Court ruling forced the state to change its laws.(ANI)
- Interracial marriages on the rise in US - Feb 17, 2012
- Kathy Hochul wins NY special election for House seat - May 26, 2011
- US Presidential wannabe Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals: Poll - Mar 03, 2011
- Nearly five in ten American voters want Obama to run for president again - Oct 27, 2010
- Resurgent Republicans likely to surpass 39 seats needed for US House control: Poll - Oct 20, 2010
- Obama, Romney in a tight race: Poll - Apr 19, 2012
- Romney faces tough fight in deep South (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Michele Bachmann to meet Donald Trump again - Nov 21, 2011
- Over half of Americans think Obama will lose 2012 presidential re-election bid - Feb 09, 2011
- 5 in10 Americans think Obama does not deserve second term: Quinnipiac Poll - Mar 31, 2011
- Parts of Obama coalition drifting toward GOP: Poll - Oct 28, 2010
- Analysts feel that Mississippi personhood law goes too far - Nov 09, 2011
- Obama supports same-sex marriage (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- US Presidential wannabe Mike Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals, finds poll - Jan 13, 2011
- Romney faces tough fight in deep South - Mar 13, 2012