457 illegal residents held in UAEAugust 1st, 2012 - 1:38 am ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, July 31 (IANS/WAM) A total of 457 illegal residents have been nabbed in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in last few days during a country-wide hunt.
Among them, the maximum (268) were arrested in Abu Dhabi, 95 in Al Ain, 54 in Ajman and 40 in Ras Al Khaimah.
Assistant Undersecretary for Naturalisation, Residency and Ports Affairs, Major General Nasser bin Al Awadi Al Menhali hailed the public cooperation which facilitated tracking down of these people by the authorities.
- UAE grants citizenship to 53 people - Mar 06, 2012
- UAE delivers aid for Libyan schools - Sep 02, 2012
- UAE to open 140 new mosques in 2011 - Jun 28, 2011
- UAE leaders greet President Mukherjee on Independence Day - Aug 16, 2012
- 29 Bangladeshis held in UAE - May 15, 2011
- UAE, Egypt sign deal for heart surgery centre - Jul 31, 2012
- UAE, Tunisia discuss educational cooperation - May 09, 2012
- UAE president honours national Olympic football team - Mar 27, 2012
- UAE, Lithuania to tighten economic ties - May 08, 2012
- UAE, Indonesia hold talks - May 16, 2012
- Abu Dhabi crown prince attends Elizabeth's diamond jubilee - May 19, 2012
- UAE, Algeria to hold bilateral talks Tuesday - Mar 27, 2012
- Heart disease awareness campaign begins in Dubai - Apr 14, 2012
- Greater Flamingo breeds at Al Wathba Wetland Reserve - Aug 14, 2012
- UAE's participation in Abu Dhabi Dialogue 2 significant: Envoy - Apr 24, 2012