45 militants, six troops killed in PakistanJanuary 11th, 2009 - 3:10 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Jan 11 (DPA) Fierce fighting at a paramilitary compound in Pakistan’s troubled Mohmand tribal region Sunday left at least six soldiers and 45 militants dead, an official said.The clash began early morning when more than 500 rebels attacked army positions in Lakaro, a militant stronghold near the Afghan border, according to an officer who spoke on condition of anonymity.
“Six security personnel were killed and six others were wounded,” he said.
He said government troops killed at least 45 rebels, but that figure could not be confirmed independently.
- 11 Pak soldiers killed in militant attacks on 5 security posts near Afghan border - Dec 24, 2010
- Six soldiers, 25 militants killed in Pakistan clashes (Lead) - Mar 31, 2010
- Missing Pakistani soldiers in Taliban captivity - Jun 16, 2010
- 22 militants killed in Pakistan - Jul 11, 2010
- Pakistan clashes kill 11 soldiers, 24 militants (Second Lead) - Dec 24, 2010
- Ten Taliban, three soldiers killed in Pakistan clashes - Jul 03, 2010
- Suicide bombing kills 10, injures 20 in Pakistan (Lead) - Nov 14, 2009
- 18 militants, two soldiers killed in Pakistan (Lead, changing dateline) - Jun 20, 2010
- 28 militants, eight soldiers killed in Pakistan clashes (Lead) - Jun 19, 2011
- Two soldiers, 40 militants killed in Pakistan clashes - May 19, 2010
- Three soldiers, four militants killed in Pakistan clash - Jun 19, 2011
- Over 50 killed in Pakistan fighting (Lead) - Oct 27, 2009
- Security forces continue search post-encounter in Assam - Aug 20, 2011
- Pak security forces kill 28 terrorists in Mohmand tribal region - Jan 29, 2011
- Airstrikes on Pakistani troops unintended: NATO chief - Nov 27, 2011