4.5-magnitude quake hits ChinaNovember 2nd, 2011 - 1:58 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, Nov 2 (IANS) An earthquake measuring 4.5 on the Richter scale jolted Gansu province in northwest China Wednesday, Xinhua reported.
According to the China Earthquake Networks Centre, the temblor which occurred at a depth of eight kilometres, struck at 1.18 a.m. Its epicentre was at about 34.5 degrees north latitude and 104.2 degrees east longitude.
The US Geological Survey, however, measured the quake at 5.1 on the Richter scale.
–Ind-Asian News Service
- 5.4 magnitude quake hits Nicobar Islands - Dec 03, 2011
- Magnitude 7.2 quake hits Mexico - May 02, 2012
- 5.4-magnitude quake hits China - Nov 01, 2011
- Quake jolts China - Jul 25, 2011
- Strong earthquake hits Vanuatu - Apr 15, 2012
- 5.8 magnitude quake hits Nicobar Islands (Lead) - Dec 01, 2011
- Moderate quake hits Nicobar Islands (Lead) - Dec 03, 2011
- Quake jolts India-Myanmar border - Jul 15, 2012
- Magnitude 6 quake hits China - Mar 09, 2012
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Argentina, no casualties - May 28, 2012
- 6.1-magnitude quake hits Japan - Oct 21, 2011
- Magnitude-6 quake hits Japan - Nov 24, 2011
- Two earthquakes jolt Tibet - Mar 24, 2010
- 5.5-magnitude quake off Japan's Honshu - Apr 02, 2011
- 5.9-magnitude quake hits Fiji region - Mar 27, 2011
Tags: asian news, china beijing, china earthquake, east longitude, epicentre, kilometres, magnitude quake, news service, north latitude, northwest china, nov 2, richter scale, temblor, us geological survey, xinhua