41 killed Turkey wedding shootingMay 5th, 2009 - 5:03 am ICT by IANS
Istanbul, May 5 (DPA) At least 41 people have been killed in a shooting at a wedding in southeastern Turkey, according to media reports Monday.
The families of the bride and groom reportedly got into an argument and weapons were drawn, Turkish television CNN Turk reported, citing local officials in Mardin province.
The cause of the argument remained unclear.
- Blast kills one, injures others at Istanbul's main square - Oct 31, 2010
- 44 killed in attack on Turkish wedding (Second Lead) - May 05, 2009
- 41 killed in shooting at Turkish wedding (Lead) - May 05, 2009
- Turkey launches military operations in northern Iraq - Oct 21, 2011
- Inmates set prison on fire in Turkey - Jul 15, 2012
- Turkey seized 11 tonnes of hashish in 2011 - Dec 17, 2011
- Turkish Groom Accidentally Kills Guests At A Wedding Ceremony - Aug 14, 2010
- Turkish air raid kills over 20 at Iraq border - Dec 29, 2011
- 6 killed in Turkey clash - Jun 22, 2010
- Five killed in Istanbul accident - Oct 22, 2011
- 77 kg heroin seized in Turkey - Aug 28, 2010
- Turkey busts Al Qaeda cell, arrests 41 - Apr 12, 2011
- Gunmen kill 44 at Turkish village wedding party - May 05, 2009
- Groom accidentally kills wedding guests in Turkey with an AK-47 rifle - Aug 10, 2010
- Turkey to do whatever needed over jet incident - Jun 24, 2012