40pct of Aussie women have enjoyed holiday romancesMay 19th, 2010 - 5:49 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, May 19 (ANI): Forty per cent of Aussie women have gone through a holiday romance, and many of them have even married their holiday sweethearts, a study has shown.
A survey of over 800 female travellers by travel website lastminute.com.au found that 40 per cent of women have admitted to having a holiday fling, an increase of 10 per cent from two years ago.
Meanwhile, 15 per cent ended up marrying their holiday lover, up from five per cent two years ago, with half of the couples having children.
“There has been an increase in the number of Aussie women marrying their holiday sweetheart, which shows that there’s been more on the itinerary than just sightseeing,” the Courier Mail quoted Mia Carter of lastminute.com.au as saying.
“One of our customers said she is getting married this July, six years to the day that she met her fiancé overseas in Europe.
“Another said she first bumped into her man on the ski slopes in Austria, and they’ve now been married for 10 years,” she added.
While the most popular place for women to meet their flings is at a pub or bar, the survey showed that romance could bloom in surprising locations.
“It seems that holiday romances can start anywhere. Some say they first met their holiday honey at places like the beach, on a plane, during a meditation weekend, on the ski slopes and even a nudist colony,” said Carter. (ANI)
- 1 in 3 Australians struggling with post-holiday blues - Jan 27, 2011
- Australians' bizarre travel insurance claims - Nov 26, 2009
- Most Aussie women don't marry one-night stand partners - Mar 16, 2010
- Stopping rain, cleaning bathroom with vinegar -strangest guests' requests Down Under! - Oct 22, 2009
- Aussies want to cheat on partners with Hugh Jackman, Jennifer Hawkins - Apr 23, 2011
- Half of Aussies would trade in their girlfriends for someone new - Sep 21, 2010
- 1 in 5 women prefer tasty treat than partner's lips on Valentine's Day - Feb 11, 2011
- Mens' messiness angers female travellers the most - Nov 05, 2009
- Solang has great snow, but lacks professional touch: Skiers - Feb 29, 2012
- Women more likely to cheat than men, reveals survey - Dec 31, 2010
- One in 10 Oz men has romanced co-passengers in flight - Sep 09, 2009
- 82pc of Oz workers want to quit their jobs - Mar 16, 2011
- Sex toys, sheep, prosthetic leg - the list of strangest items left behind in Oz hotels! - Aug 13, 2009
- Nude beaches may help boost tourism, shows survey - Apr 07, 2009
- Britney Spears dreams about skiing - Nov 25, 2011
Tags: aussie women, courier mail, female travellers, fianc, flings, having children, holiday romance, holiday romances, holiday sweetheart, honey, itinerary, lastminute, meditation, melbourne, nudist colony, sightseeing, six years, ski slopes, sweethearts, travel website