40 Taliban militants killed in PakistanMay 31st, 2009 - 2:42 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, May 31 (IANS) At least 40 Taliban militants have been killed in a clash with security forces in northwestern Pakistan, according to a media report Sunday.
The gun battle occurred in South Waziristan on the border with Afghanistan following an attack on a paramilitary camp Saturday night, the Dawn reported citing an intelligence source.
“Militants came in force and attacked a paramilitary camp and fighting lasted for hours,” the source said, adding that at least 40 millitants and four soldiers were killed.
- Two Pakistani soldiers killed in cross-border attack - Aug 09, 2012
- 24 Taliban militants killed in Pakistan - Dec 24, 2010
- Seven soldiers killed in Pakistan - Mar 10, 2012
- Five troopers killed in Pakistan suicide bombing - Dec 24, 2011
- Eight militants killed in Pakistan - Oct 04, 2011
- 9 securitymen, 15 militants killed in Pakistan clash - Oct 17, 2011
- 14 militants killed in Pakistan's tribal region - Jul 19, 2011
- 20 killed in Pakistan attack - Jun 09, 2011
- 25 Pakistani troopers killed in Taliban attack: Army - Aug 27, 2011
- Militants ambush Pakistani troops, killing 9 soldiers - Oct 18, 2011
- 28 militants, eight soldiers killed in Pakistan clashes (Lead) - Jun 19, 2011
- 20 militants killed in Pakistan - Nov 16, 2011
- Six soldiers, 14 Taliban killed in Pakistan - Nov 21, 2009
- Pakistan air force on high alert - Mar 19, 2011
- Pakistan protests Afghan attack (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012