40 Indian fighter jets to be fitted with BrahMos missilesApril 22nd, 2010 - 2:07 pm ICT by ANI
Kuala Lumpur, Apr 22 (ANI): BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles, which is a joint venture of India and Russia, will be fitted on the Indian Air Force’s 40 Su-30MKIs fighter aircraft.
CEO and MD of BrahMos Aerospace Dr AS Pillai said: “The inclusion of BrahMos cruise missile will make the aircraft unique in firepower.”
Dr Pillai was speaking to a Russian news agency at the Defence Services Asia-2010 exhibition here.
He also added that the first trials of the air-launched version were set for 2011 and the first test-flight with the missile on-board is scheduled for 2012.
The supersonic cruise missile has a range of 290-km and flies at a speed of 2.8 Mach.
The BrahMos missile is a successful joint venture of India’s Defence Research and Development Organisation and Russia’s NPO Mashinostroeyenia.
BrahMos missiles sea and ground-launch versions have already been successfully tested and put into service by the Indian Army and Navy. (ANI)
- Army to order mountain-strike BrahMos regiment soon (Lead) - Mar 31, 2012
- Joint Russia-India missile to be ready by 2017 - Jun 28, 2012
- Army to order mountain-strike BrahMos regiment soon - Mar 31, 2012
- Successful trial of supersonic BrahMos cruise missile - Aug 12, 2011
- Work on BrahMos' hypersonic version on - Oct 10, 2011
- India to arm Russia-built jets with BrahMos missiles - Apr 22, 2010
- Work on BrahMos' hypersonic version to begin this year: Russian official - Jun 12, 2011
- Indian Army inducts second cruise missile unit close to Pakistan border - Mar 04, 2012
- Russia to build hypersonic missile - Sep 20, 2012
- Russian-built, BrahMos-fitted frigate set for Indian Navy induction - Dec 16, 2011
- BrahMos missile likely to be inducted in IAF by 2013 - Aug 25, 2010
- IAF could soon get supersonic BrahMos missile - Oct 24, 2010
- India successfully tests supersonic cruise missile - Jul 29, 2012
- New version of BrahMos missile tested - Mar 28, 2012
- India tests BrahMos supersonic cruise missile - Mar 30, 2012
Tags: army and navy, brahmos missile, cruise missile, cruise missiles, defence research, defence services, development organisation, fighter aircraft, firepower, first test, indian air force, indian army, indian fighter jets, joint venture, kuala lumpur, launch, npo, pillai, russian news agency, test flight