40 dead in Nigeria accidentAugust 16th, 2010 - 1:02 pm ICT by IANS
Nairobi/Lagos, Aug 16 (DPA) At least 40 people have died in a flaming multi-car pile-up near the Nigerian city of Lagos, reports said Monday.
An articulated lorry smashed into a queue of vehicles waiting to navigate a police
checkpoint Sunday, the Nigerian Tribune, quoting witnesses, said.
At least 15 vehicles were engulfed in flames, including two mini-buses, in which the majority of the people died.
Road accidents are common in Africa’s most-populous country as vehicles in poor mechanical condition jostle for position on the often busy roads.
- 17 killed in road accident in east China - Aug 06, 2011
- 46 die in road accidents across 3 states (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- Massive 100-car pile-up kills five in southwest China - Dec 27, 2010
- Four die in 50-vehicle pile-up in Chile - Oct 13, 2011
- Nine killed in China road accident - Aug 17, 2012
- Eight dead as 30 vehicles collide in China - Oct 23, 2011
- Florida highway pile-up kills at least ten people - Jan 30, 2012
- Iraq official survives bomb attack - Apr 22, 2012
- 10 dead in highway pile-up in Germany - Apr 08, 2011
- 25 dead in Kenya road accident - Feb 04, 2012
- 40 cars collide in Germany, 10 dead - Apr 09, 2011
- 28 killed as buses collide - Dec 26, 2010
- Delhi now to phase out over 300 RTVs - Oct 29, 2010
- China donates 45 vehicles to Mauritius Police - Sep 01, 2012
- 1 killed, many injured as LPG tanker explodes - Aug 28, 2012