4 killed, 17 wounded in suicide bombing in IraqMarch 31st, 2009 - 2:05 pm ICT by IANS
Mosul (Iraq), March 31 (Xinhua) At least four people were killed and 17 injured Tuesday when a suicide bomber blew up an explosives-laden truck that he drove into a police station in this Iraqi city, a police source said.
“A suicide bomber drove his explosives-laden truck into the police station of the Mahatta neighbourhood in Mosul,” the source told Xinhua, requesting anonymity.
The dead included three policemen, the source said. Mosul is some 400 km north of Baghdad.
Nineveh province, with its capital city of Mosul, is said to be one of the last strongholds of al Qaida fighters and other insurgent groups in the war-torn country.
- 25 killed, over 100 hurt in Iraq blasts - May 15, 2010
- 10 dead, 45 wounded in Iraq suicide bombing - Jun 04, 2012
- Suicide car bomb in Iraq kills three securitymen - Jun 06, 2011
- Eight killed in Iraq suicide attacks - Apr 13, 2010
- Gunmen kill tribal leader, woman official in Iraq - Feb 16, 2011
- 12 killed in Baghdad bombings - Jul 31, 2012
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- Three killed in Iraq bombing - Dec 26, 2011
- Nine soldiers killed in Iraq - Sep 15, 2010
- US soldier, two civilians killed in Iraq violence - Jul 23, 2010
- Four killed in Iraq violence - Jul 19, 2011
- Two soldiers killed in Iraq violence - Aug 13, 2010
- 14 die in Baghdad bombings - Oct 12, 2011
- 10 killed in Iraq bombing - Nov 03, 2011
- 43 killed, over 190 wounded in Iraq bomb attacks (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
Tags: al qaida, anonymity, baghdad, bombing in iraq, explosives, iraqi city, mosul iraq, neighbourhood, nineveh province, other insurgent groups, police source, police station, policemen, strongholds, suicide bomber, suicide bombing in iraq, xinhua