4 in 10 Brits think getting drunk abroad is a British characteristicApril 23rd, 2011 - 5:38 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 23 (ANI): Twenty-eight percent of people in the UK believe that getting drunk abroad is a British attribute, a new survey has revealed.
The Opinium Research, which surveyed 2,012 British adults, also found that 60 percent of them thought drinking tea was a British trait, while less than one in three people thought that working hard makes people British, the Daily Mirror reports.
Besides, 32 percent of people think supporting the Royal Family is a British characteristic.
Despite not knowing England’s saint’s day, 61 percent of English people described themselves as English rather than British, the paper said.
James Endersby, managing director of Opinium Research, said: “Our research has revealed that it’s hard to pin down what it means to be British. With several stereotypical attributes making the list as well as wider personality traits, it goes to show that Britishness is a complex mix of characteristics.”
The survey also revealed that one in five adults would like an extra bank holiday to celebrate being British. (ANI)
- Over-50s are now Britian's biggest drinkers - Apr 05, 2010
- Most Brits believe military action in Libya too risky - Mar 22, 2011
- Men and women are very different in personality traits - Jan 05, 2012
- Traditional British tea brewing in decline as trendier brews are preferred - Mar 25, 2011
- Brits are moaning pub-goers, says poll - Jun 23, 2010
- British men spend 18 minutes daily looking handsome - Sep 16, 2011
- Britons 'stay longer with banks than spouses'! - Aug 21, 2010
- 'Faces prompt us to form complex judgements' - Jun 17, 2012
- Genes blamed for gay tendencies - Jul 08, 2011
- Study finds that most adults in UK have trouble with stairs & are 'unfit' - Apr 01, 2011
- People over 75 don't feel lonely: Study - May 29, 2011
- 'Drinking, swearing and beer bellied' Brits voted 'world's ugliest tourists' - Oct 28, 2010
- England 'least patriotic' country in Europe: Survey - Apr 20, 2010
- 1 in 10 Brits sleep with someone they met on Internet - Nov 16, 2010
- Breakfast key to good health - Feb 20, 2011
Tags: attribute, attributes, bank holiday, british adults, britishness, brits, daily mirror, england, english people, getting drunk, london, managing director, new survey, personality traits, royal family, tea