39 militants killed in AfghanistanJune 13th, 2010 - 2:53 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, June 13 (IANS) Afghan police supported by NATO-led forces killed 39 Taliban militants in southern Afghanistan, a statement of the interior ministry said Sunday.
“Afghan National Police backed by international troops launched an operation in Chanarto and Behzak areas of Uruzgan province Friday, killing 39 militants,” Xinhua quoted the statement as saying.
Combined forces also recovered 30 rifles, four rocket-propelled grenades and five machine guns during the operation, the statement added.
In a separate operation, the forces arrested two militants in eastern Paktia province Saturday, the report said.
More than 130 people including troopers, militants and civilians have been killed over the past one week.
- Afghan terror attack ends: 48 dead, 65 injured (Second Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- Governor among 18 killed in Afghanistan (Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Seven Taliban killed, 18 held in Afghanistan - Feb 12, 2012
- Militants kill five civilians in Afghanistan - Nov 25, 2010
- 48 killed in Kabul terror siege (Third Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- 61 militants killed in Afghanistan - Jul 04, 2012
- Eight Taliban killed, 13 held in Afghanistan (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- 20 Afghan militants killed - May 28, 2012
- Coalition forces kill 20 Taliban in Afghanistan - Aug 12, 2010
- 30 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan - Jun 02, 2012
- 14 Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Apr 14, 2012
- 10 militants killed in Afghanistan - Nov 20, 2011
- Eight Taliban killed in Afghanistan - May 06, 2012
- 31 militants killed in Afghanistan - Jul 01, 2010
- Dozens of suspected Afghan insurgents killed in latest NATO operations - Dec 12, 2010
Tags: afghanistan kabul, civilians, interior ministry, international troops, machine guns, militants, national police, nato, paktia province, rifles, rocket propelled grenades, southern afghanistan, taliban, uruzgan province, xinhua