37 held in New York for drug smugglingJune 16th, 2011 - 2:03 pm ICT by IANS
New York, June 16 (IANS/EFE) At least 37 people have been arrested in New York and charged with smuggling cocaine, the state attorney general said.
The six-month-long operation was launched by the Organised Crime Task Force, the Albany police department and the New York State Police.
Besides the arrests, 1.5 kilograms of cocaine with an estimated value of $140,000 was seized in the operation.
Six of the defendants have been charged with operating as “major trafficker”, which carries a possible life sentence.
- 37 killed in Brazil slum raids - Dec 05, 2010
- Three US men found guilty of sexually exploiting Latin women - May 28, 2011
- Pilot arrested in Madrid for smuggling cocaine - Aug 24, 2011
- Clothes dipped in liquid cocaine found in Italy drug bust - Feb 05, 2011
- Model convicted of drug smuggling in Argentina - Nov 04, 2011
- Spain busts gang that hid drugs in babies' diapers - Nov 29, 2011
- US gang recruiting Russian women for strip clubs busted - Dec 01, 2011
- 17 cocaine labs destroyed in Colombia - Jan 26, 2012
- Phony news crew smuggles $9.2 mn into Nicaragua - Aug 28, 2012
- Man held for smuggling cocaine into Mexico in his shoes - Jan 21, 2011
- Toy cars made of cocaine seized in Italy - Oct 13, 2011
- US Coast Guard seizes 1.4 tonnes of cocaine - Jun 08, 2010
- Wanted sex trafficker extradited to Russia - Mar 31, 2012
- Two cops busted with a tonne of cocaine - Jun 21, 2011
- Colombian police seize 1.5 tonnes of cocaine - Jan 04, 2011
Tags: albany police department, cocaine, crime task force, dg, drug smuggling, efe, kilograms, life sentence, new york state, new york state police, state attorney general, trafficker, york state police